New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Fuji gear update for part time wedding shooter

jmphotography
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Fuji gear update for part time wedding shooter

I am at a crossroads with my photography. I only do 6 to 10 at the most weddings a year now. I do a handful of portraits and want to focus more on portraits. 25 years of 20+ weddings a year are behind me now. I have a full time job during the week. Anyway, I have 2 - XT1's, with a 23 1.4, 56 1.2 and 50-140 2.8. I also still have an old Nikon D3 with a 24-70 2.8. I still had the Nikon for a lot of reception stuff since I felt the XT1 low light focus was slow and missed a lot and the flash system on the fuji was not there yet. I am going to be getting an XT2, but I don't think I need 2 for the amount of weddings I do. I was thinking of picking up a X100F when available for a second camera and my every day walk around. And then maybe upgrading the Nikon, maybe...once I see how the XT2 does. My thought though was if I do the XT2 and X100f, will I still find a need for my 23 1.4? Or trade it for the 16-55? Thoughts from you wedding shooters please. Thanks for your input.

Mar 14, 2017 at 04:06 PM
Delatant
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Fuji gear update for part time wedding shooter

Another X-T2 is $300 more than a 100F - with the 3 interchangeable lenses you have now, it would be multiple times more versatile than adding a single FL 100F - buy a 2nd T2. Sell the Nikon/glass and the T1 - get the X500 flash. The 3 Fuji lenses you now have will form a great basis from which to rise to new heights in photography. If any money left over, you can add the 16-55, but I wouldn't rush into it. You will be all set for weddings, portraits, and (most of all) FUN!

Mar 14, 2017 at 04:59 PM
brian_f2.8
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Fuji gear update for part time wedding shooter

Id say to see how the XT-2 performs. Then you can always buy another if you like it. Me personally, I wouldnt want a fixed lens camera. Its a great camera but Id want the ability to change lenses. You have a great set of lenses, use them. Get rid of the Nikon gear, 2 XT-2's with those Fuji lenses will be a nice set up for your needs. Even if you got into 20+ weddings, your gear is still fine.

Mar 14, 2017 at 05:21 PM

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.