New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · X-T2 RAW conversion for Apple Mac OS / Aperture

labrador

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · X-T2 RAW conversion for Apple Mac OS / Aperture

While I'm waiting for delivery of my XT-2 I'm trying to make sure everything else is set to go. I have seen conflicting reports on Mac OS ability to seamlessly convert RAW image files from the X-T2. I am running 10.12.3 on my desktop. The release notes indicate that as of 10.2.2 "uncompressed RAW format only" is supported for the XT-2. I'd be interested in hearing of any real world experiences, tips, tricks in converting XT-2 RAW files. Are people needing to use 3rd party converters, or are things working seamlessly with Apple.

I am currently using Aperture to manage my library. I (think) I will eventually convert to Lightroom, but I just don't have the stomach for converting my library at this point.

Mar 14, 2017 at 09:03 AM
TheEmrys
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · X-T2 RAW conversion for Apple Mac OS / Aperture

I really like Irident.

Mar 14, 2017 at 09:08 AM
howardm4
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · X-T2 RAW conversion for Apple Mac OS / Aperture

Iridient Developer or just the 'X-Transformer' software

Mar 14, 2017 at 10:33 AM
Trek_of_Joy
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · X-T2 RAW conversion for Apple Mac OS / Aperture

OSX handles uncompressed raws fine - I have $10 app called Raw Power that's much better than Photos with adjustments, but still needs some features to replace something like LR - like a brush to selective apply adjustments. LR handles compressed raws and makes organization so much easier than any other option. In my opinion of course. Don't know why Apple doesn't support compressed raw, seem odd given the list of what is supported.

Mar 16, 2017 at 01:27 PM
Jeffrey
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · X-T2 RAW conversion for Apple Mac OS / Aperture

I use XPro2's. I'll bet the files are identical to the XT-2. I use Iridient Developer on my mac. Uncompressed raws. No problems.

It's a good idea to bail on Aperture asap. Unsupported. Everyone seems to like LR. I use Bridge. then PS.

Mar 16, 2017 at 02:36 PM
labrador

p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · X-T2 RAW conversion for Apple Mac OS / Aperture

Jeffrey wrote:
It's a good idea to bail on Aperture asap. Unsupported. Everyone seems to like LR.

Yeah, the time is rapidly approaching. However Aperture is still working very well for my needs. This conversion question with the Fuji RAW files is the first thing that has made me consider pulling the trigger in awhile. I have an 800+GB library that I am not looking forward to converting and potentially losing adjustments and my org structure, etc. I need to find time as I'm the kind of OCD freak that will need all the loose ends tied up before I can focus on anything else in my life.

Also I'm pretty committed to the Apple universe and like the seamless integration with all of my devices. LR did introduce an ATV app last year so I will be interested to check that out.

Mar 16, 2017 at 03:13 PM
Kenneth Farver
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · X-T2 RAW conversion for Apple Mac OS / Aperture

I'm having no troubles with the XT-2 full Raw files in Adobe Lightroom on my MacBook Pro or iMac 20" desktop.
I haven't tried any compressed raw files.

Mar 16, 2017 at 03:42 PM
bigkidneys
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · X-T2 RAW conversion for Apple Mac OS / Aperture

I've had the X-T20 now for a couple weeks but have yet to shoot raw as I was under the impression it wouldn't recognize the file in aperture. I have LR3 and not sure about it as well. Guess i'll have to take some random photos in raw to check with both this afternoon.

Mar 21, 2017 at 01:52 PM

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.