Username  

FM Forum Rules
Nature & Wildlife Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

Bald Eagles and Golden Eagles

rgreene

Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Bald Eagles and Golden Eagles

The below link is the basic introduction to bald eagles and golden eagles nesting habits. We had a wind storm in our area recently and the tree holding the bald eagles nest was blown over. I believe both of the adults are fine. We had eaglets born in the nest around the third week of March last year but I don't believe any were in the nest this year. I thought some of you might enjoy the link.

https://www.nationaleaglecenter.org/eagle-nesting-young/

Mar 14, 2017 at 01:48 PM
JimLittle
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Bald Eagles and Golden Eagles

Interesting info....much appreciated!

Mar 14, 2017 at 02:10 PM
morris
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Bald Eagles and Golden Eagles

It's a shame the tree came down. They will probably nest withing 1/4 mile next year if they don't have a backup nest. If there were eggs, I'd be surprised if they survived. The link you provided is quite interesting. It stated that adult bald eagle's plumage remains the same throughout there life. If they they live long enough there white head feathers turn dark kind of like graying people in reverse. This happens at around 45 which is how long eagles live in the wild so it's not observed often in the wild. In captivity they can live longer.

Morris

Mar 14, 2017 at 05:28 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

rgreene

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Bald Eagles and Golden Eagles

Morris, thanks for the info. I hope they build a nest that close. This nest was my best viewing opportunity in the area. As far as the eagles white head feathers turning darker, I can identify with the reverse concept that people go thru

Mar 15, 2017 at 07:59 PM
wonderer
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Bald Eagles and Golden Eagles

Thanks Rick; interesting info for sure! I have a few spots around here where I frequently see eagles--adults and juvies--but only know of one nest location close by, a few others farther out. I can imagine the Spring storms (are we in Spring yet??) can be a challenge given the size and location of those nests!

Sorry to hear of your 'neighbor's' loss; hopefully they'll get resettled quickly. They've got their work cut out for them!

Thanks for the link.

--Kim

Mar 19, 2017 at 03:29 AM
dclark
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Bald Eagles and Golden Eagles

Thanks for the link.

Dave

Mar 19, 2017 at 03:55 AM

FM Forums | Nature & Wildlife | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register