Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1      
2
       end
  

Zeiss 35's
  
 
billsamuels
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Zeiss 35's


carlitos wrote:
You didn't ask this question, but just FYI...

I have both the ZF 35/2 (Classic) and the ZF 28/2. I think they draw very similarly, and are similarly sharp. Both have lotsa "pop".



I have the Zeiss 25mm classic lens, but in the ZE for Canon. I love it also! It's sharp as a razor blade, and the colors are bright and beautiful. I don't know about the ZF version, but the ZE version even, though it doesn't say it, can be used somewhat like a macro because it has a close focusing distance. I take a lot of flower photos with it because I can get so close, and I really like what it does to the color of the flowers. A+ lens.



Mar 17, 2017 at 04:00 AM
Limbow
Offline

Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Zeiss 35's


I really love my Zeiss f/2. You can grab a used one now at a great price too.


Mar 17, 2017 at 04:09 AM
Mathieu18
Online
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Zeiss 35's


F/2 or f/2.8? I've been thinking about the f/2.8 version because of price and I don't really need a 25/2. Thoughts on the 2.8 seem mixed though.

billsamuels wrote:
I have the Zeiss 25mm classic lens, but in the ZE for Canon. I love it also! It's sharp as a razor blade, and the colors are bright and beautiful. I don't know about the ZF version, but the ZE version even, though it doesn't say it, can be used somewhat like a macro because it has a close focusing distance. I take a lot of flower photos with it because I can get so close, and I really like what it does to the color of the flowers. A+ lens.




Mar 17, 2017 at 01:12 PM
jcolwell
Offline
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Zeiss 35's


billsamuels wrote:
I have the Zeiss 25mm classic lens, but in the ZE for Canon. I love it also!


Mathieu18 wrote:
F/2 or f/2.8? I've been thinking about the f/2.8 version because of price and I don't really need a 25/2. Thoughts on the 2.8 seem mixed though.


The 25mm f/2 ZE is the only Zeiss 'classic' available for Canon ZE mount. I have one, and it's incredible. The 25/2 ZE has at-least slightly higher resolution than the Canon TS-E (centred) all across the frame. The ZE has well-controlled CA at the edges and corners (better than most), while the TS-E 24 II is almost completely clean - no CA (centred).

I agree that reviews of the Zeiss 25/2.8 ZF are mixed (at best), and so I didn't try one.



Mar 17, 2017 at 02:31 PM
 

Search in Used Dept. 



Mathieu18
Online
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Zeiss 35's


Huh, and here I just figured the ZE version didn't come up for sale often... Didn't realize they never released it in ZE mount. Thanks.

jcolwell wrote:
The 25mm f/2 ZE is the only Zeiss 'classic' available for Canon ZE mount. I have one, and it's incredible. The 25/2 ZE has at-least slightly higher resolution than the Canon TS-E (centred) all across the frame. The ZE has well-controlled CA at the edges and corners (better than most), while the TS-E 24 II is almost completely clean - no CA (centred).

I agree that reviews of the Zeiss 25/2.8 ZF are mixed (at best), and so I didn't try one.





Mar 17, 2017 at 04:26 PM
freaklikeme
Online
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Zeiss 35's


For what it's worth, I owned the ZS (M42) version of the Distagon 25/2.8 and the ZF 25/2, both of which I used on an a7rII. Except for the 2.8 having a bit more FC at the edges, they're very comparable lenses. The performance gulf between my friend's C/Y 2.8 and my ZS was larger (CA, more distortion, flare).


Mar 20, 2017 at 09:42 PM
Mathieu18
Online
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Zeiss 35's


Thanks for the follow up, that's kind of a shame. I was thinking about falling back on the C/Y. I finally bit the bullet on the Sony 35/2.8. It's a lot better than forums led me to believe, and I wish I had done it sooner. I have some more testing and comparisons to do, but I think I'm going to keep the Sony for every day and keep the Contax I feel like using manual and shooting something special.

Thanks to everyone for their feedback.



Mar 20, 2017 at 11:22 PM
1      
2
       end






FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1      
2
       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password