http://postmyimage.com/img2/370_DFD_7920a.jpg

Thanks for your comments.
Douglas

Mar 11, 2017 at 02:48 PM
RustyBug
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Training Day

I get the shotgun okay enough ... but the other stuff is kinda hard to discern. Not sure I'm a fan of that hue for the toning. Curious what your purpose / mood / vibe for that hue is, and I could use an explanation of the items on the floor.

My guess would be training materials associated with dog training for waterfowl hunting, but I'm kinda ignorant to what those items would actually be.

Mar 11, 2017 at 09:19 PM
lighthound
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Training Day

I get the toning and mood you are going for here and to my eyes it works. But Kent has much better color acuity than I do so there's a good chance I'm missing something.

After a little studying, it's clear that these items are placed next to the door for a dog training outing. However, I agree with Kent that perhaps the viewer needs something a little more obvious to help the story be told. I'm thinking a duck decoy in the BG and maybe a little more tidy arrangement of the items (strap) and make the duck call a little more obvious by having it at a slightly different angle.

Now if you could get a Lab setting patiently at that door with that strap material in his mouth... then that would put this image into a whole new league.

Dave

Mar 12, 2017 at 07:43 AM
douter
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Training Day

Thanks for your input. There is no intentional toning added to this. Somehow, the color management is messed up on my editing program and the maker (Corel) is no help whatsoever.
That is the precise reason for the disarray, it was a battle to get Snickers to leave the items as they were. The only thing showing up in the photo if I had included her would have been a big brown blur. Excitement at the prospect of going out to do something she loves takes over her "manners"....so to speak.
I'd considered a decoy, but those aren't associated with training.
Douglas

Here's my little bundle of energy
http://postmyimage.com/img2/561_D5D_0684.jpg

Mar 12, 2017 at 08:09 AM
lighthound
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Training Day

"Snickers"

Sounds like a very fitting name!

IMHO there are no better dogs on this planet than a Lab.
We love our little Westie, but there is just something about the gentleness and character of a Lab that I will always miss.

The decoy idea was just to help the viewer make the connection easier. I know they aren't part of the training, just thought it would help connect the dots to the general public's eye.

Dave

Mar 12, 2017 at 09:57 AM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.