New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · How to cancel Acronis

ben egbert
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · How to cancel Acronis

I never bothered to install this overly complex program on my new computer and want to cancel the auto bill. The Acronis website makes that impossible if you cannot find the build code.

I tried to send a request for help, but the request requires the build code and will not accept the SN which I still have.

By the way, I strongly suggest giving the program a pass unless you are in IT.

Mar 11, 2017 at 02:22 PM
tntcorp
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · How to cancel Acronis

i've to respectfully disagreed on your comment as i find the user interface quite friendly and the instructions are straight forward.

the sw is useful to clone a drive, either for backup or upgrading.

Mar 11, 2017 at 02:52 PM
mogud
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · How to cancel Acronis

I also disagree about Acronis having a complicated ser interface.. Have been using Acronis for quite a while with only minor issues. The only thing I don't like is the auto backup and scheduler. This is easy to turn off.

The build number is part of the version number. It's the last four digits. Current build is 6581.

Mar 11, 2017 at 03:03 PM
ben egbert
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · How to cancel Acronis

It was not too hard to install, but I never knew what it was doing in the background and the instructions for restoring looked pretty difficult. I never had to use it, but I saw that my HD was getting full of images. I also lost track of the backup disk.

Anyway, I don't use it. Here is all I have, which is available at Acronis., the serial number. The installed version was on a now mothballed computer. How do I get to version number from here?

Acronis True Image 2016 - 1 Computer (Multilingual)
S4NJ65ZM-9T2BK8G5-6QDJ6NPX-262GA27S-J985XCRZ-6LCK6F73-QQ2M2N9A-M287YMMX

Mar 11, 2017 at 03:14 PM
mogud
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · How to cancel Acronis

Hi Ben,

Try ths link:

https://kb.acronis.com/content/5803

Hope this helps.

Mar 11, 2017 at 03:39 PM
redcrown
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · How to cancel Acronis

Also agree, Acronis is OK. Used to be great, but the latest UI made it just OK. Made it so simple for idiots that those of us who know what we want to do are sometimes stymied.

To stop auto bill, just call your credit card company and tell them to block Acronis.

Mar 11, 2017 at 03:47 PM
ben egbert
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · How to cancel Acronis

mogud wrote:
Hi Ben,

Try ths link:

https://kb.acronis.com/content/5803

Hope this helps.

That worked, I got on a chat and found that my account is perpetual and not autobilled. Turns out the bill was from another source with a similar coding. The bill is ligit. Thanks for your help.

Mar 11, 2017 at 05:25 PM
GOVA
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · How to cancel Acronis

I feel your pain.

I've used Acronis for over 15 years. I must admit that their 2016 and 2017 versions are monstrous failures in terms of UI. Pure garbage.

Sorry, but can't assist in your original query.

Mar 11, 2017 at 07:11 PM
sjh953

p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · How to cancel Acronis

I have to agree with those giving Acronis a thumbs-up. I've also been using for many years; now have 2016 installed on Win10 laptop and Win7 desktops. More times than I care to remember, that INVALUABLE program has saved my butt when something goes wrong.

The way I use the program is to have it automatically make two full system back-ups every night to separate hard drives. That way, when I start working on the computer the next day, if I screw up an app install, or something goes wrong with my browser, etc. all I have to do is recover the back-up from the night before. I don't have to repair anything, or try to undo any damage. It's like it never happened. On my laptop, the process takes maybe 30 minutes. Invaluable.

Acronis is one of the two programs I use that I will not abandon; Quicken is the other. I've been getting the emails from Acronis to update to 2017, but since I'm not interested in using the cloud, I'll pass.

Another program that I use to back-up specific folders is GoodSync, from Siber Systems. I've set up the folders I want to manage, then just before I head to bed, I hit F10 and the program will update and sync the folders on other hard drives and a NAS box. Same as with Acronis, the next morning I have back-ups of all my important files, and any new ones, ready should I need them.

Both of these programs have become such a critical part of my computer use that they are worth whatever effort it takes to learn how to use them.

With both programs, the process is essentially automatic. The interfaces are manageable, but with both programs, once set up it's not like you are having to make changes all the time.

Mar 12, 2017 at 08:39 PM
Ho1972
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · How to cancel Acronis

My two words on the topic of imaging software:

Macrium. Free.

Mar 13, 2017 at 03:47 AM

FM Forums | Post-processing & Printing | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.