New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Small glitch between Focal and Canon Utility using Mac Sierra

Zenon Char
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Small glitch between Focal and Canon Utility using Mac Sierra

I have been reading that Canon's Utility has not been opening correctly with Mac Sierra. I have the latest OS and I download the latest version of Utility - 3.6.10

Both Utility and FoCal open correctly and will connect to the camera. It seems when Utility opens first and connects to the camera then it will interfere with FoCal's connection.

When you open Utility for the first time then the launcher hides in the top bar. Once you connect a camera it immediately launches it.

~original[/IMG]

I never use Utility so the icon is never on top bar. I did launch it to see what was going on. After closing Utility the launcher stayed in the top bar. I launched FoCal and it connected to the camera. I clicked on the Utility launcher and noticed this. I guess because it was so annoying I long ago set it to this command which prevents it from launching and interfering with Focal.

~original[/IMG]

On FoCal's blog they recommend to go through iPhoto but I found this more efficient. Either get rid of the launch icon or temporarily select the "don't launch" command. Not big deal and easy to figure out. Just thought I'd show a different method.

Mar 10, 2017 at 01:31 PM
EGrav
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Small glitch between Focal and Canon Utility using Mac Sierra

I just open FoCal. No EOS Utility or Photos. I did read that on the FoCal website but never had to implement it. Using MacOS Sierra. I just MA'd my 5D4 and 4 or 5 lenses last week. Not sure why some people have to do this and others don't.

BTW No problems with the MA session. No problems, lockups, etc.

Mar 10, 2017 at 01:41 PM
Zenon Char
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Small glitch between Focal and Canon Utility using Mac Sierra

I guess some people use Utility regularly. The launch icon connects the cam automatically first and it won't let FoCal connect. At first I thought it was an issue of some kind but it is not really even a glitch. Leaving it in the upper bar just makes Utility launch and connect to the camera when you plug it in - which is it's job.

Mar 10, 2017 at 01:57 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.