Sports Corner Rules
Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · FlashFrame Race Photography Review

Hybrid AWD
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · FlashFrame Race Photography Review

Has anyone worked with FlashFrame photography? They seem to be a bit new and I'm not sure if it's going to be a worthwhile business model for photographers.

I have a race sunday with their platform so I guess there is only one way to find out at this point.

The jist of their business plan is to have photographers upload the photos and then when they sell, the photographer gets a $5 cut per photograph.

To me it seems like we (the photographers) are really taking a huge risk on spending a lot of time shooting with the potential of not being paid. There is also no minimum paid amount, it's strictly commission based.

So if anyone has shot for this platform, I'd love to hear some feedback.

Mar 10, 2017 at 12:46 PM
Trevorma
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · FlashFrame Race Photography Review

This is the model that a lot of the wire services (NOT GETTY) used to use..... I say used too cause I haven`t shot for a wire in a LONG TIME.

You spend the time, money and so on to shoot an event. The wire service acts simply as the host and you get a cut of the sales.

My experience? The money per hour is less then taking a job at the local Walmart. I was working major Toronto area sports too, not some obscure in the middle of no where team / sport.

Mar 10, 2017 at 01:56 PM
Hybrid AWD
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · FlashFrame Race Photography Review

That's what I figures is going to happen. On-site at 7am and the first runner will most likely be here around 735-740. I assume I'll be here a total of 4-5hrs.

That's a lot of pictures that need to be sold for 4-5hrs worth of work lol.

Mar 12, 2017 at 06:26 AM
ThePictureGuy

p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · FlashFrame Race Photography Review

Doesn't sound worth it to me. I'm not nearly as business savvy as others here but even for me, when I sell photos on my site, the minimum I'd be making is about $6 on a sale if a parent purchased a single 4x6. Smugmug takes a cut of my sales but I'm setting my profit point not them. And when they say $5 per photo, is it for a digital sale, a print, what?

Mar 12, 2017 at 03:57 PM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.