New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2017 · XT-2 Landscape Lens?

labrador

Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · XT-2 Landscape Lens?

dhachey wrote:
BTW, I have several of the lenses you have on your list, and all are excellent. I too come from the Canon world, but am switching over to Fuji for light weight travel photography. I plan to keep some Canon gear (Big whites and 1D X) for wildlife and nature.

Cheers, ...Dave

Thanks Dave, all very helpful and appreciated advice. It's going to be painful to see my 70-200mm f2.8 IS II go. I love that lens and it has never failed me.

Mar 10, 2017 at 06:30 PM
328iGuy
• • •
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · XT-2 Landscape Lens?

labrador wrote:
Thanks Dave, all very helpful and appreciated advice. It's going to be painful to see my 70-200mm f2.8 IS II go. I love that lens and it has never failed me.

I feel your pain, I just sold mine this week after using the 50-140 and 2x Teleconverter for a bit.

If you can get the equivalent focal length in the 50-140 you will be fine selling it off, I am pleased I must say.

Mar 10, 2017 at 10:00 PM
ontime
• • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · XT-2 Landscape Lens?

I'd say the 16-55. Or, if you still have it, the 18-55 kit lens.

IMHO, as much as I love prime lenses, switching lenses on a hike sucks, or is often not even an option. Go for a zoom. With the 16-55 you might even be able to do astro a night if you can lug a gorillapod around or something.

Make sure you bring a dry bag.

Mar 11, 2017 at 12:23 AM
dhachey
• • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · XT-2 Landscape Lens?

At least two! I carry three and on a busy day I'm half way into the third. Mirrorless cameras use the sensor quite a bit for AF and composing shots, unlike dslr. The batteries are light and I never get the CIPA rated performance out the X-T2.

Exposure101 wrote:
Dave - curious if 2 batteries are enough for a trip if you charge them daily before heading out. I came from Canon and while I had a few extras, I never needed more than 1 for a day's worth of shooting (LPE6). Not sure if the X-T2 is that bad (rated for 350 shots per battery I believe?).

Mar 11, 2017 at 12:33 AM
dhachey
• • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · XT-2 Landscape Lens?

Same here, that's why I'm keeping it, but you may find the Fuji lenses are quite nice too.

labrador wrote:

Mar 11, 2017 at 12:36 AM
stoutvisual
• •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · XT-2 Landscape Lens?

What about the 18-135mm? I mean, sure it's a bit of a compromise in terms of IQ and speed, but you've got a ridiculously varied focal range, weather resistance, and OIS.

Mar 13, 2017 at 12:03 AM
       end

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.