Scott

GoetzPhotoz 2017

Mar 09, 2017 at 10:19 AM
Monika C
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Morikami IR III

Scott,
I love this -- it looks like a Japanese print! The needles on the bottom left bother me a little, but the upper ones lead me into the frame.

Mar 09, 2017 at 10:49 AM
DaleBerlin
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Morikami IR III

Beautiful Scott, Im not sure what other processing options there were, but this is a very pleasing well composed image. It obviously looks very soft, but I like it and think the softness adds to the mood.

Mar 09, 2017 at 12:32 PM
beanpkk
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Morikami IR III

Best of the three, to my eye. I really like the top half with the orange-ish sky and the upper tree limbs.
Nice!
keith

Mar 09, 2017 at 08:59 PM
sbeme
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Morikami IR III

Monika C wrote:
Scott,
I love this -- it looks like a Japanese print! The needles on the bottom left bother me a little, but the upper ones lead me into the frame.

thanks Monika

Scott

Mar 12, 2017 at 11:23 AM
sbeme
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Morikami IR III

DaleBerlin wrote:
Beautiful Scott, Im not sure what other processing options there were, but this is a very pleasing well composed image. It obviously looks very soft, but I like it and think the softness adds to the mood.

Thanks Dale.

READ ON, if interested in IR.

From one perspective, processing options are endless from a RAW IR file. The toning in this and most of the other recent IR posts is a reflection of setting a specialized custom white balance that is cool enough to allow adjustments of the IR RAW capture. For these customized settings, green grasses or foliage are captured in full sunlight and set to a neutral tone (leading to the tendency for foliage to appear whitish). Once the custom WB is applied, the rest is up to discretion in terms of shifting hue, color balance, sat. I have been only tweaking vibrance and usual adjustments to black, white point, exposure, clarity, sharpness, lens.

So the short issue is the colors are kinda out standard IR color (for a 590 nm cutoff)

Scott

Mar 12, 2017 at 11:27 AM
sbeme
• • • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Morikami IR III

beanpkk wrote:
Best of the three, to my eye. I really like the top half with the orange-ish sky and the upper tree limbs.
Nice!
keith

Thanks Keith. I agree, best of three, to me because of the tilt in one and the bench in another.

Scott

Mar 12, 2017 at 11:28 AM
beavens
• • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Morikami IR III

Lovely!

Personally I'd prefer a little more verticality and to take a slice off the right.

I'd also look to clone out the branches in the foreground right under the main tree.

Cheers!

Jeff

Mar 13, 2017 at 11:29 AM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.