Sports Corner Resource

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Stupid Pole

mikekeating
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Stupid Pole

Ruining my shot . . .

Why does the goalie have to hang out by the goal?

Mar 08, 2017 at 02:47 PM
finster1018
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Stupid Pole

well that all depends on your POV...if it is on the kicker, then you're RIGHT ON - great shot as is! But if the goalie was your focus, seems you should be shooting her from the front with the kicker's back to you. If it's both you want, I would be positioned more on the sideline instead of the backline.

Mar 08, 2017 at 04:53 PM
DonM2
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Stupid Pole

mikekeating ---

Your question in the above post deserves a relevant response:

Answer: It gave me a huge, much-needed, out loud breakup!!

--- DonM2

Mar 08, 2017 at 04:55 PM
mikekeating
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Stupid Pole

I was focusing on the shooter, she is super fast and I could not move over fast enough to get the goalie and shooter in the same frame. I have a frame with the full goalie, but no ball.

Mar 08, 2017 at 05:03 PM
finster1018
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Stupid Pole

Well then, the pole actually serves to neutralize the importance of the goalie and places the emphasis solely on the kicker. Some may say the pole is a distraction, but if it's seen in the context to augment the focus on the intended subject, then it works since it makes the goalie anonymous and irrelevant.

Mar 08, 2017 at 05:27 PM
schlotz
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Stupid Pole

Mike,

IMO it's better to take up a different position on the back line as your normal practice, just outside the 18-yard box. Personally, I'm about 5-6 feet outside of that line. Goal posts can still get in the way but at this angle they are less likely to be in the way of a direct shot.

Matt

Mar 09, 2017 at 09:31 AM
dankopp
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Stupid Pole

I don't mind the pole either--it puts the image in context.

Mar 09, 2017 at 10:18 AM
MikalWGrass
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Stupid Pole

Unfortunately, poles, refs, umps, other parents, kids, etc, always get in the way of an important shot. It is frustrating for pros and amateurs alike.

Mar 10, 2017 at 10:21 AM
finster1018
• • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Stupid Pole

if you feel strongly about the kicker being the only subject, clone/crop out the goalie. I like it as is though.I might even crop tighter on the kicker and get rid of some of the foreground.

Mar 11, 2017 at 12:43 PM
anchorout
• •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Stupid Pole

I like it too. That ball likely has a hell of a curve on it and the goalie will only be in that spot for a micro second.
It's a dynamic that you have captured well. I also agree that a little tighter crop might look good.

Mar 11, 2017 at 03:05 PM

FM Forums | Sports Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.