New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Eye piece for 1Dx

OntheRez
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Eye piece for 1Dx

I'd appreciate input on what sort of eye pieces are available for the 1Dx. My problem is that often I'm shooting such that I have light coming from the right, thus blinding my ability to see the in viewfinder data. I'm covering HS SB/BS and both fields are oriented so that this is a problem. Given that one field requires shooting home plate against a building shadow (with sunlight to the right) and that the light this early in the season changes rapidly towards dusk, I have to keep my eye on the settings. Hard to do when I can't see them.

I know Hoodman has some, but in looking at the offerings on Amazon, I couldn't find any that were for "regular" use, i.e., not for fitting over glasses. My old one from 1DIIn/1DIV days blocks the light meter unless I do an odd squeeze to the left and look in the corner of my eye to get the meter. Less than optimal.

Has anyone else encountered this problem and found a solution, or can someone direct me to a product?

Robert

Mar 07, 2017 at 12:06 PM
ggreene
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Eye piece for 1Dx

Can you use something like the Aquatech eyepiece that looks to have more depth to it and more cushion to secure the fit for light leaks?

Aquatech Eyepiece

Think Tank has them as well.

Think Tank Eyepiece

Mar 07, 2017 at 02:03 PM
schlotz
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Eye piece for 1Dx

Robert,

You want the HoodMan H-EYEC22 it's perfect. BTW the same model number but with a 'G' on the end is the larger one meant for glasses wearers. Here is the link to it H-EYEC22 over on amazon.

Matt

Mar 07, 2017 at 06:24 PM
OntheRez
• • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Eye piece for 1Dx

Thanks guys. I remember having an Aquatech on a very used 1DII I had long ago. Definitely made it more comfortable. I'm going to try the Hoodman first. Just came in from a game. Not hot yet here but that desert light in the corner of the right eye could make you blind.

Thanks,

Robert

Mar 07, 2017 at 08:00 PM
iazybandit
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Eye piece for 1Dx

I created a 3D printed Eyecup Extender that is available

http://www.1kindphotography.com/2017/01/3d-print-canon-eyecup-eg-eyepiece-extender-7d-5d-1d.html

Mar 09, 2017 at 11:27 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.