p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · South Beach Street Scene

Scott

GoetzPhotoz 2017

Mar 06, 2017 at 09:12 PM
eeneryma
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · South Beach Street Scene

That is some car, Scott! Yours? Or is the owner the fellow with the tattoos and porkpie hat?

There are things that I like about this street photo: first of course that incredible car, the lady with the #tag shopping bag, the fellow on the left taking a photo of the car. The strange thing is that with this exotic and expensive a car, only a couple of people in that entire scene seem interested in it. Compositionally, I like how the umbrella focuses our attention on what's underneath it. I like the two people walking "in step" in front of the car. Your b&w pp seems perfect.

With all this said, I think what would improve this photo is the right "moment". The older gentleman in the front with the cap is partially blocking our view of the tattooed man who seems like an interesting character. My eye explores the photo, but I don't focus on anything in particular for long, and I somehow feel that your story is incomplete.

Steve

Edited on Mar 07, 2017 at 09:27 AM · View previous versions

Mar 07, 2017 at 08:42 AM
sbeme
• • • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · South Beach Street Scene

Great analysis Steve
I agree
Ever changing scene
Btw, ir capture converted to bw
Scott

Mar 07, 2017 at 09:25 AM
beavens
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · South Beach Street Scene

Steve did a great job with this one. For me some of the whites are looking a tad cooked and the umbrella/contrast with the background is competing for attention to my eyes.

Sick car and even sicker paint job. I'm not a car guy but looks like a Ferrari?

I kinda dig the tension between the tattooed dude and guy walking by.

Jeff

Mar 07, 2017 at 01:02 PM
sbeme
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · South Beach Street Scene

thinking more about your comments, Steve, I still agree with it all.
This is more a representative capture vs composed image in that the scene is busy, chaotic, disorganized (and loud).
And it is not my car. There are many over the top people and vehicles parked or cruising the street. This car looked almost the same in natural light: highly reflective look of aluminum in the sun. The IR didn't change much on the car!

Jeff,
Thanks for your comments.

Scott

Mar 07, 2017 at 01:37 PM
eeneryma
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · South Beach Street Scene

sbeme wrote:
thinking more about your comments, Steve, I still agree with it all.
This is more a representative capture vs composed image in that the scene is busy, chaotic, disorganized (and loud).
And it is not my car. There are many over the top people and vehicles parked or cruising the street. This car looked almost the same in natural light: highly reflective look of aluminum in the sun. The IR didn't change much on the car!

Jeff,
Thanks for your comments.

Scott

Hey Scott, and street photography has been described as "making order out of chaos." That's why it's usually an incredible challenge, with many "almosts." But when you get something worthwhile, it makes you want to sing!

Steve

Mar 07, 2017 at 02:04 PM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.