Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

Rules & Guidelines | Uninsured Payment Alert!
How to post Feedback | How to Red-Flag a thread

NEVER use Paypal Gift, Venmo, Zelle, Apple Pay, Google Pay or any other uninsured payment!

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · FS: Nikon 300mm 2.8 VR II

Jnh333

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · FS: Nikon 300mm 2.8 VR II

Item updated in the last 24 hours Item price reduced in the last 24 hours   Nikon 300mm 2.8 VR II w/ Wimberley foot

Available

Price: $3,300.00
Payment method: PayPal
Item condition: 9+ Shows little or no signs of wear
Shipping instructions: Price includes ground shipping and insurance to Cont. US

I'm trying again to sell a gently used and meticulously cared for Nikon 300mm 2.8 VR II (Canada version) with the Wimberley Replacement foot. It comes with all original parts: drop-in filter (in pristine condition), carrying case, Nikon foot, caps, box and hood. It's had neoprene coverings on it for all its use, but I took most of it off in the photos to show the condition of the lens itself.

I'm selling it to buy a 500mm. I just need more reach. I've bought from here only a few time and sold only a few times as well, so I'm aware people are wary. I originally bought this from a trusted member of this site, who I'm sure will vouch for me. I'm happy to speak with you and make sure everyone is happy. I see this selling on here in a range of prices, so I'll keep it as low as I can in order to buy the lens I need in a reasonable time frame. I'm willing to discuss the price within reason. *This price includes shipping and insurance.

Any questions, please feel free to write me.

Thanks,
Justin

Edited on Apr 06, 2017 at 10:33 PM · View previous versions

Mar 06, 2017 at 06:07 PM
tntcorp
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · FS: Nikon 300mm 2.8 VR II

justin - with a 2x converter, you will have a 600/5.6 with a slight loss in quality and af speed.

just thought i would share that unless you are looking at the 500/4 for specific shooting purpose.

gd luck w/ sale :-)

Mar 08, 2017 at 10:30 PM
Jnh333

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · FS: Nikon 300mm 2.8 VR II

Hey, that's true, and is exactly what I've been doing with it, but I'm finding I need more reach sometimes for wildlife, particularly birds. Thanks though.

Mar 09, 2017 at 04:05 PM
DGC1
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · FS: Nikon 300mm 2.8 VR II

Excellent price on a GREAT lens. GLWS

Mar 12, 2017 at 05:47 PM
tntcorp
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · FS: Nikon 300mm 2.8 VR II

Jnh333 wrote:
Hey, that's true, and is exactly what I've been doing with it, but I'm finding I need more reach sometimes for wildlife, particularly birds. Thanks though.

imho, the f/2.8 300 and 400mm can take the 2x very well. the f/4 300 (pf included), 500 and 600 can take the 1.7x well and the new 200-500mm can take the 1.4x well. never shot with the 800/4 to know what it's capable of.

surprisingly, the lens has yet sold.

another bump for a great lens and price :-)

Apr 13, 2017 at 01:14 PM
Jnh333

p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · FS: Nikon 300mm 2.8 VR II

Yeah, this lens takes teleconverters really well with little image degradation. I'm surprised it hasn't sold either, especially at this price. Hopefully, someone is interested soon. I need to sell it soon or I have to sell it back to a store.

Apr 13, 2017 at 07:48 PM
yogendra shah
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · FS: Nikon 300mm 2.8 VR II

Still available ?

May 03, 2017 at 10:02 PM

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.