New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Micro Four Thirds Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Dedicated L-bracket for E-M1.2

bobbytan
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Dedicated L-bracket for E-M1.2

So far, only RRS have started shipping their L-plate which I must say is very well engineered and the plate covers the entire base of the camera, unlike the Kirk L-plate.

http://www.reallyrightstuff.com/Plates-for-Oly-EM1-Mark-II?nocache=T

https://www.kirkphoto.com/l-bracket-for-olympus-om-d-em-1-mark-ii.html

Still no signs of generic L-plates.

Mar 06, 2017 at 03:09 PM
megancanada
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Dedicated L-bracket for E-M1.2

I received my RRS base plate today. Very nice quality and it fits the camera perfectly. Just intime for my trip tomorrow morning. Lucky I guess.

Mar 06, 2017 at 07:01 PM
bobbytan
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Dedicated L-bracket for E-M1.2

Excellent call. I have ordered just the base plate too. The L or vertical section is not worth $100 especially if you don't often shoot in the vertical orientation - and I don't. Besides, the drop notch on the ballhead works almost just as well, especially with the lighter m43 gear. The upside of a base-plate-only is easier access to the camera's jacks and connectors.

A nice new feature is that you can now store or tuck away a hex wrench underneath the base plate.

megancanada wrote:
I received my RRS base plate today. Very nice quality and it fits the camera perfectly. Just intime for my trip tomorrow morning. Lucky I guess.

Mar 06, 2017 at 08:26 PM
genefixer
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Dedicated L-bracket for E-M1.2

I like this L-plate which has a cool solution for getting at all the controls on the camera, for example using a remote shutter release when the camera is mounted on a tripod in portrait mode.

Mar 12, 2017 at 05:22 PM
Chuck Eklund
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Dedicated L-bracket for E-M1.2

I received my RRS L Plate for the E-M1-2 yesterday. I haven't used the L part yet, but the base plate is very nice. For me it makes holding the camera much more comfortable. Better than previous RRS base plates, at least for me.

Mar 28, 2017 at 02:14 PM
bobbytan
• • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Dedicated L-bracket for E-M1.2

I received mine yesterday too. The base plate is definitely very nice and worth the $80 compared to the Kirk version:

https://www.kirkphoto.com/camera-mounting/olympus/em-1-mark-ii/camera-plate-for-olympus-om-d-em-1-mark-ii.html

Chuck Eklund wrote:
I received my RRS L Plate for the E-M1-2 yesterday. I haven't used the L part yet, but the base plate is very nice. For me it makes holding the camera much more comfortable. Better than previous RRS base plates, at least for me.

Mar 28, 2017 at 04:35 PM
mitesh
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Dedicated L-bracket for E-M1.2

How long did you guys have to wait for your RRS plates or brackets? I've had mine on order since early March.

Mar 31, 2017 at 03:45 AM
mitesh
• • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Dedicated L-bracket for E-M1.2

Lucked into a used RRS base plate this morning for the E-M1.2 at B&H. As of yesterday, RRS was estimating about a two week wait from their side (per a phone call I made to inquire about shipping times).

Apr 04, 2017 at 10:56 AM
bobbytan
• • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Dedicated L-bracket for E-M1.2

Yes ... I received mine in just under 2 weeks.

Apr 04, 2017 at 02:23 PM
CPWarner
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Dedicated L-bracket for E-M1.2

I received my RRS L-plate last week, but I ordered in March. One feature that they are incorporating in all new plates is their quick release socket. I bought one of their QD Strap Swivel's and replaced the screw in mount on my black rapid strap. I used that setup in Iceland and really liked it. It is a simple but elegant solution to a quick release setup and is built in now. Nice.

Apr 14, 2017 at 08:03 AM
bobbytan
• • • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Dedicated L-bracket for E-M1.2

Cool - I wasn't aware of this QD feature. I have a Black Rapid and one other dual shoulder strap, so I need to take a closer look at this QD strap swivel, as I don't like the screw swivel as it makes me nervous and causes some anxiety.

CPWarner wrote:
I received my RRS L-plate last week, but I ordered in March. One feature that they are incorporating in all new plates is their quick release socket. I bought one of their QD Strap Swivel's and replaced the screw in mount on my black rapid strap. I used that setup in Iceland and really liked it. It is a simple but elegant solution to a quick release setup and is built in now. Nice.

Apr 14, 2017 at 10:14 AM
mitesh
• • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Dedicated L-bracket for E-M1.2

CPWarner wrote:

+1. I have the strap RRS sells and the QD attachment is solid and convenient to attach/detach as needed quickly.

Apr 14, 2017 at 01:42 PM
CPWarner
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Dedicated L-bracket for E-M1.2

Note that you will have to cut the sewn end of the strap on the black rapid off so you can get their screw in swivel off and the QD strap swivel on. I melted the ends with a lighter and have not had any fraying. It was well worth it and as Mitesh said, this connection is solid and easy to disconnect when you need to put the camera on a tripod. I already had the Black Rapid, and this fixed the one thing I did not like about it.

bobbytan wrote:
Cool - I wasn't aware of this QD feature. I have a Black Rapid and one other dual shoulder strap, so I need to take a closer look at this QD strap swivel, as I don't like the screw swivel as it makes me nervous and causes some anxiety.

Apr 14, 2017 at 04:45 PM

FM Forums | Micro Four Thirds Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.