Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Anyone have the L-Bracket for 1DX2 from Kirk?

Ming-Tzu
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Anyone have the L-Bracket for 1DX2 from Kirk?

Looking at the RRS website for the 1DX2 L-bracket, and looked like they changed the design to the new modular two pieces? For those who have older RRS brackets for this camera, is that true?

To avoid the bulk, was thinking of getting the Kirk bracket instead.

Also, not exactly sure how to attach the Black Rapid strap to the RRS bracket with the QD mount. I have an open question to RRS about that.

Mar 06, 2017 at 07:30 AM
jetmutant
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Anyone have the L-Bracket for 1DX2 from Kirk?

I have the older RRS bracket for my 1DsMKIII, wicked nice bracket, I bought the Kirk for My 1DXII for the same reason, hard to tell from the pictures but it looked much more bulky with added features I could not find a reason to have.

Mar 06, 2017 at 07:38 AM
jrhoffman75
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Anyone have the L-Bracket for 1DX2 from Kirk?

For Ming-Tzu - I have the RRS B1DXII-L bracket for my 1D X. To attach a Black Rapid strap buy the RRS QD Strap Swivel. Then you clip the Black Rapid strap to the swivel.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rgswatpeas37e0p/QR-Strap-Swivel_main-1.png?dl=0

Mar 06, 2017 at 09:28 AM
Ming-Tzu
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Anyone have the L-Bracket for 1DX2 from Kirk?

Thanks for the info! I don't really want to buy another piece just so that I can use my strap. I might just go with the Kirk bracket since it's a bit cheaper and is a nice one-piece construction. I like my RRS L-bracket for my 5D3 but not really sure I like the two-piece modular ones based on the pictures.

Mar 06, 2017 at 09:50 AM
jrhoffman75
• • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Anyone have the L-Bracket for 1DX2 from Kirk?

If you don't use Wi-Fi or GPS adapters then you probably don't need the two piece design, even though once its installed its essentially the same as my previous 1D Mark IV bracket.

Edited on Mar 06, 2017 at 10:05 AM · View previous versions

Mar 06, 2017 at 10:03 AM
Ming-Tzu
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Anyone have the L-Bracket for 1DX2 from Kirk?

Yeah, doubt I'd use that but who knows. Purchased a used Kirk bracket just now so good to go.

Thanks!

Mar 06, 2017 at 10:05 AM
2ndviolinman
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Anyone have the L-Bracket for 1DX2 from Kirk?

Try this for quickly attaching and unattaching the camera with the L bracket to and from your Black Rapid strap. Small Arca Swiss style clamps are available and inexpensive. Just screw the Black Rapid eye hook into the clamp and you're done.

Mar 06, 2017 at 09:40 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.