Scott

GoetzPhotoz 2017

Mar 03, 2017 at 05:05 PM
beanpkk
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Morikami IR i

Scott,

Nice! My only nit and it may not be something anyone else notices or cares about, is the evergreen branches intersecting with the top of the leafy tree. I wish there was some space there...I wonder if you could clone out those few little branches? Otherwise I love the colors and the feel of the image.

Keith

Mar 03, 2017 at 05:31 PM
lighthound
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Morikami IR i

Ha! That's funny that Keith mentioned that because that was the very first thing that I thought when I just viewed this. I know it isn't anything easily removed or avoidable so I wasn't going to mention it.
But now that Keith said it... I agree.

My other little nit is the corner of the bench. My thought there is either all in or all out, just like we told Kent with his rustybug lawn chair next to his backyard lake.

With that said however, I gotta say this is very nice Scott.
Love the tones and the splash of color on the water and how it fades off into the sky with obvious soft clouds.

Dave

Mar 03, 2017 at 05:56 PM
Rick Joyce
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Morikami IR i

The translucence of colour shimmers silently through soft pastels in a fantasy world to be broken abruptly as the eye recognizes the restful reality of a viewer's bench.

Mar 03, 2017 at 07:47 PM
AuntiPode
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Morikami IR i

Does have an excellent Japanese sense and feel.

Mar 03, 2017 at 11:14 PM
sbeme
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Morikami IR i

thanks folks
Yeah, those evergreen branches are an issue and are hard to cleanly remove
maybe worth the try

Karen: glad the Japanese feel comes thru

Scott

May 24, 2017 at 07:47 AM
Luke_F

p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Morikami IR i

This reminds me of traditional Chinese and Japanese paintings. The simple color palate really works here.

Luke

May 24, 2017 at 10:51 AM
ben egbert
• • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Morikami IR i

One of your best IR images. What I like about it is that it does not feel sort of like a conventional image, but is IR in no uncertain terms. It highlights the true power of IR.

May 24, 2017 at 10:56 AM
beavens
• • • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Morikami IR i

This is a very sexy image. I'm in love with the IR tones already and the subject matter is too fitting.

SCOTT I CANNOT AFFORD AN IR BODY RIGHT NOW!

I understand wanting to keep the entire tree intact, but I think in doing so you include the extraneous pine needles and I don't really feel that the upper portion really has enough interest to merit the pixels. A tighter crop also provides a nice LLC > URC diag from the trunk as well.

Food for thought below with some sloppy cloning for illustrative purposes. Ignore any funky color issues - Gimp likes to weird out on my exports!

Jeff

May 24, 2017 at 12:54 PM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.