Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

Rules & Guidelines | Uninsured Payment Alert!
How to post Feedback | How to Red-Flag a thread

NEVER use Paypal Gift, Venmo, Zelle, Apple Pay, Google Pay or any other uninsured payment!

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · FS: Canon FD 80-200mm f/4L, 17mm f/4

jwho
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · FS: Canon FD 80-200mm f/4L, 17mm f/4

Item updated in the last 24 hours Item price reduced in the last 24 hours   Canon FD 80-200mm f/4L

Available

Price: $130.00
Payment method: PayPal
Item condition: 9+ Shows little or no signs of wear
Shipping instructions: Free USPS Priority Mail

This is a beautiful example of the FD 80-200mm f/4L, one of the sharpest FD zooms available. The glass is pristine, with no fungus, haze, or scratches, and the optical quality is on-par with my FD and EF primes - sharp from corner to corner, and with amazing color rendition, contrast, and bokeh. The one-touch focus and zoom are extremely smooth, with no play or creep. The only issue with this lens is that the aperture is stuck wide-open at f/4, and I haven't had a chance to have it repaired (it was this way when I purchased it over a year ago and I've used it as-is since). That said, the lens performs amazingly at f/4 and is very useable as-is; it's been my go-to telephoto zoom for my A7II.

Due to the aperture issue, I've priced the lens accordingly at $130, including free USPS Priority Mail shipping to anywhere in the US (buyer covers PayPal). The lens ships complete with both front and rear Canon caps, and the original Canon BT-58 bayonet hood in excellent condition.

• • •

Item updated in the last 24 hours Item price reduced in the last 24 hours   Canon FD 17mm f/4

Sold

Price: $59.00
Payment method: PayPal
Item condition: 6 Useable, but has considerable optical or mechanical imperfections
Shipping instructions: Free USPS Priority Mail

This ultra-wide FD 17mm f/4 is sold AS-IS, for parts or experimentation. The lens has a large scratch on the rear element, a dent on the front filter ring, and some milder scratches on the front element, but no damage to the internal glass (no fungus, haze, or other internal issues). The focusing and aperture still work very smoothly, and the lens is otherwise nicely sharp and useable at apertures from f/4 to about f/8 (after which the scratch on the rear element starts to show up in photos). The 17mm ships with generic front and rear lens caps. Asking $59, which includes free USPS Priority Mail shipping to anywhere in the US (buyer covers PayPal)

Edited on Apr 18, 2017 at 10:31 AM · View previous versions

Mar 02, 2017 at 09:21 PM
jwho
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · FS: Canon FD 80-200mm f/4L, 17mm f/4

A few test shots with the FD 80-200mm f/4L and the FD 17mm f/4, both shot wide-open on my Sony A7II. No changes made other than slight exposure and color adjustments (apologies for the compression - had to fit the upload limit! The original files look much better than these.)

FD 80-200mm f/4L

FD 80-200mm f/4L

FD 17mm f/4

Mar 03, 2017 at 11:31 AM
rjsam
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · FS: Canon FD 80-200mm f/4L, 17mm f/4

Pmed

Mar 04, 2017 at 05:36 PM
jwho
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · FS: Canon FD 80-200mm f/4L, 17mm f/4

17mm sold, 80-200mm still available!

Mar 04, 2017 at 07:28 PM
jwho
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · FS: Canon FD 80-200mm f/4L, 17mm f/4

Price lowered on the 80-200mm!

Mar 06, 2017 at 06:58 PM

FM Forums | Buy & Sell Photo-Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.