New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3              5      
       end

Fuji XT-2 Impossible to purchase?

Tom K.
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.6 #1 · p.6 #1 · Fuji XT-2 Impossible to purchase?

I'm genuinely happy for you. Use it well.

Mar 22, 2017 at 04:53 AM
Tom K.
• • • • •
p.6 #2 · p.6 #2 · Fuji XT-2 Impossible to purchase?

B&H just informed me as of today they have the XT-2 in stock. However......and this is BIG......the XT-2 with kit lens is STILL on backorder.

Mar 22, 2017 at 03:37 PM
arbitrage
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.6 #3 · p.6 #3 · Fuji XT-2 Impossible to purchase?

Tom K. wrote:
This isn't a preorder for an item that was yet to be released. It had been on the market for a while already. B&H simply can't get these things. Fuji corp must be having some manufacturing problems. The XT-2 with kit lens is Out of stock at all major retailers.

I don't think there are any manufacturing issues. The camera has been in stock in Canada for months, people have got it in the past 2 weeks from other stores. Body only ones are more common it seems.

What may be happening is the following:
Some X-T2 production lines were retooled for X-T20 and GFX.
Fuji has numbers showing most X-T2 buyers will buy body only because it is a high end item and many probably already own the 18-55 from previous cameras. Typically kits sell better on lower end cameras. There are no GFX kits or 1DX kits. The Fuji 18-55 kit lens is the best 18-55 kit lens out there from any company. If I was buying an X-T2 I'd look for the kit also...luckily in Canada they are easier to find. I sold all my Fuji gear off but if I re-enter the market the 18-55 kit will be important to me.

Hope B&H gets some kits for you soon. Otherwise I'd just place a few other orders with Amazon and Adorama and maybe you will get one faster than B&H.

Mar 22, 2017 at 03:54 PM
Tom K.
• • • • •
p.6 #4 · p.6 #4 · Fuji XT-2 Impossible to purchase?

Well....I just finished an online chat with B&H. They say they expect a shipment of XT-2's with Kit Lens tomorrow. I was told I was "likely" to get one of those.

I am in agreement with you on the kit lens. Purchasing it with the XT-2 saves me $300 on that lens....which is in fact a superb price for a great lens. I could have had an XT-2 body deleviered by now but not with the kit lens. Hopefully this week I'll finally get it shipped to me.

Mar 22, 2017 at 04:04 PM
az-dave
• •
p.6 #5 · p.6 #5 · Fuji XT-2 Impossible to purchase?

It's the same situation with new the X-T20 and the 18-55mm kit lens. I can find body only or a body with the XC16-50mm. The shortage seems to be more around the 18-55mm availability. Hopefully you get your order in tomorrow shipment.

Mar 22, 2017 at 04:40 PM
NonRevver

p.6 #6 · p.6 #6 · Fuji XT-2 Impossible to purchase?

Best Buy currently has all X-T20 models in stock. Just ordered the black version with 18-55mm after the wife claimed my silver one for herself!

Mar 22, 2017 at 09:50 PM
Tom K.
• • • • •
p.6 #7 · p.6 #7 · Fuji XT-2 Impossible to purchase?

I was just informed by B&H that the XT-2 with kit lens won't be available until late April. They have led me on for weeks with false information.

Mar 23, 2017 at 04:47 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Tom K.
• • • • •
p.6 #8 · p.6 #8 · Fuji XT-2 Impossible to purchase?

JustShootMe wrote:
Precision camera in Austin has both black and graphite in stock , I was just there

Miracle of miracles. I called around all over the USA. The only place in the country that has one in stock was Precision Camera in Austin. I'm waiting for a call back from them now. Once my credit card clears they will ship it out. I'm on the cusp of getting it as I write this.

Mar 23, 2017 at 05:25 PM
JustShootMe
• •
p.6 #9 · p.6 #9 · Fuji XT-2 Impossible to purchase?

Glad you found one , precision is my favorite place in Austin. Because of them I ended up with a DJI mavic pro last weekend... Damn this GAS

Mar 23, 2017 at 05:34 PM
Tom K.
• • • • •
p.6 #10 · p.6 #10 · Fuji XT-2 Impossible to purchase?

It's being shipped to my house. JustShootMe for the win. The XT-2 with Kit lens status now back to "impossible to buy in USA" due to the fact that I just grabbed the last one in America. Thanks very, very much JustShootMe.

Mar 23, 2017 at 06:20 PM
Exposure101

p.6 #11 · p.6 #11 · Fuji XT-2 Impossible to purchase?

Finally! Congratulations!

I took Justshootme's advice and actually reached out to them for the silver few weeks back and they had a few in stock. Also recommended Preciscion to a few other folks here as well. Seems like a really good place to buy things.

Mar 23, 2017 at 09:08 PM
Tom K.
• • • • •
p.6 #12 · p.6 #12 · Fuji XT-2 Impossible to purchase?

I got the last one. I actually saw it go to "out of stock" on the Precision Camera website when I bought it.

Mar 23, 2017 at 09:29 PM
Fred Amico
• • •
p.6 #13 · p.6 #13 · Fuji XT-2 Impossible to purchase?

Tom K. wrote:
I got the last one. I actually saw it go to "out of stock" on the Precision Camera website when I bought it.

You waited long enough. Now it's time to unbox it, charge the battery, insert memory card, and enjoy!

Mar 23, 2017 at 10:33 PM
Exposure101

p.6 #14 · p.6 #14 · Fuji XT-2 Impossible to purchase?

I think you owe it to everyone here to do an unboxing video...

Tom K. wrote:

Mar 24, 2017 at 12:12 AM
       end

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password