New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3       4      
       6       7       end

Fuji XT-2 Impossible to purchase?

Tom K.
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #1 · p.5 #1 · Fuji XT-2 Impossible to purchase?

icSlowMo wrote:
Tom K.

I ordered a Nikon D800e the night they were announced from B&H I believe and waited 3 months after shipping had started with no camera.... Ended up going to local camera store and ordering one... Had it within 2 weeks I believe... Like you, I didn't want to pay the sales tax and what not, but I was really not wanting to wait any longer... So, like I suggested, call some of the series X suppliers from Fuji's authorized dealer list:

https://www.fujifilmusa.com/shared/bin/AUTHORIZED_DEALER_LIST_REVISED_050913.pdf

You will find one... I found one... First camera store I contacted was Wolfies Camera Shop, the guy I
...Show more

Thank you!

Mar 18, 2017 at 11:29 PM
stuuke
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.5 #2 · p.5 #2 · Fuji XT-2 Impossible to purchase?

It looks like it's back in stock at Best Buy for online purchase. I know Wolfe's in Topeka did have some X100F when they were out of stock everywhere online.

Mar 19, 2017 at 02:44 AM
Tom K.
• • • • •
p.5 #3 · p.5 #3 · Fuji XT-2 Impossible to purchase?

I just got off a chat with B&H. A guy named Ken K. tells me the next shipment of Fuji XT-2 with kit lenses arrives 3/23. He said I'm likely to get one of those based on the time I have waited....but....no guarantees.

This should be an interesting week.

Mar 20, 2017 at 04:25 PM
ariel777
• • •
p.5 #4 · p.5 #4 · Fuji XT-2 Impossible to purchase?

We're with you,Tom. Hopefully, you will get your kit from the vendor of your choice and bring this thread to a close. Presumably, each and every poster (myself included) has been looking for a time filler (and found it). Me??....I'm sitting in the waiting room of a hospital.....simply a mindless diversion from reality.

Mar 20, 2017 at 11:24 PM
jecottrell
• •
p.5 #5 · p.5 #5 · Fuji XT-2 Impossible to purchase?

Amazon shows 2 bodies and 1 kit in stock...

I got a beautiful used one here for $250 less than new a week ago.

Mar 20, 2017 at 11:48 PM
hpfish10

p.5 #6 · p.5 #6 · Fuji XT-2 Impossible to purchase?

I ordered mine at Adorama on 3/12 and they shipped it out today.

Mar 20, 2017 at 11:58 PM
Tom K.
• • • • •
p.5 #7 · p.5 #7 · Fuji XT-2 Impossible to purchase?

hpfish10 wrote:

With the kit lens?

Mar 21, 2017 at 12:47 AM
JRomie

p.5 #8 · p.5 #8 · Fuji XT-2 Impossible to purchase?

I've had one on order for several weeks from Amazon...still waiting. Meanwhile, I ordered another from Bestbuy.com last week, and it's due to arrive tomorrow. Not my favored vendor for camera gear, but the price matched Amazon, and impatient me gets the camera sooner. Soon as I confirm all is good with the copy arriving tomorrow, I'll cancel my Amazon order.

Mar 21, 2017 at 01:55 AM
hpfish10

p.5 #9 · p.5 #9 · Fuji XT-2 Impossible to purchase?

Yes with the kit lens.

Mar 21, 2017 at 02:49 AM
Exposure101
• •
p.5 #10 · p.5 #10 · Fuji XT-2 Impossible to purchase?

That's where I got mine from as well. They shipped it 2-3 days after order.

hpfish10 wrote:

Mar 21, 2017 at 03:23 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

Tom K.
• • • • •
p.5 #11 · p.5 #11 · Fuji XT-2 Impossible to purchase?

hpfish10 wrote:
Yes with the kit lens.

I've been on their (Adorama) waiting list for close to 2 months for the XT-2 with kit lens. They send me periodic emails stating the item is still not in stock. And they are sorry for the inconvenience. How would you get this and I was never informed that they were back in stock? Seems very strange. BTW.....Adorama continues to show out of stock. I chatted with a person online there this morning. This person said they do not have an ETA on the next shipment.

Mar 21, 2017 at 03:19 PM
Tom K.
• • • • •
p.5 #12 · p.5 #12 · Fuji XT-2 Impossible to purchase?

Exposure101 wrote:
That's where I got mine from as well. They shipped it 2-3 days after order.

With kit lens? That's impossible.

Mar 21, 2017 at 03:19 PM
arbitrage
• • • • • •
p.5 #13 · p.5 #13 · Fuji XT-2 Impossible to purchase?

Tom K. wrote:
I've been on their (Adorama) waiting list for close to 2 months for the XT-2 with kit lens. They send me periodic emails stating the item is still not in stock. And they are sorry for the inconvenience. How would you get this and I was never informed that they were back in stock? Seems very strange. BTW.....Adorama continues to show out of stock. I chatted with a person online there this morning. This person said they do not have an ETA on the next shipment.

That is because these other people placed an actual order and as Adorama gets new X-T2 kits in it goes out to the existing orders. Only if Adorama gets a surplus would they email you telling you there are some sitting around ready to be purchased.

Mar 21, 2017 at 08:30 PM
Tom K.
• • • • •
p.5 #14 · p.5 #14 · Fuji XT-2 Impossible to purchase?

arbitrage wrote:
That is because these other people placed an actual order and as Adorama gets new X-T2 kits in it goes out to the existing orders. Only if Adorama gets a surplus would they email you telling you there are some sitting around ready to be purchased.

I placed and paid for an actual order from B&H close to 2 months ago. Why would Adorama get these and not B&H?

Mar 21, 2017 at 08:58 PM
cputeq
• • • • •
p.5 #15 · p.5 #15 · Fuji XT-2 Impossible to purchase?

Tom K. wrote:
I placed and paid for an actual order from B&H close to 2 months ago. Why would Adorama get these and not B&H?

I think B&H, being probably the most popular online photo store (besides, maybe Amazon), gets tapped out pretty quickly with orders. They may not have the buying power that a huge store would have (say, Target, or WalMart, etc) but they probably DO get a huge amount of pre-orders, etc.

Mar 22, 2017 at 12:04 AM
arbitrage
• • • • • •
p.5 #16 · p.5 #16 · Fuji XT-2 Impossible to purchase?

Tom K. wrote:

For one of two reasons....either B&H just had way more preorders ahead of yours OR Adorama better estimated demand and ordered more in the beginning and met their demand earlier.

I learned my B&H preorder lesson back in the Canon 5D3 days....B&H is a great store but it is the absolute worst place to preorder from. Just think about how many websites use B&H affiliate links, how many blogs post B&H preorder links before any others....there is just too much demand placed on B&H for "hot" items. In the future I would look to smaller camera stores for preorders as those seem to be able to meet demand much earlier. Places like Amazon and it seems even Adorama are better at meeting the demands than B&H.

Mar 22, 2017 at 12:50 AM
hpfish10

p.5 #17 · p.5 #17 · Fuji XT-2 Impossible to purchase?

I placed order with BH on 2/20, then on 3/12 I noticed Adorama posted on theor web site that the kit would be coming soon, so I ordered and paid, they shipped it on 3/20. I cancelled BH order on 3/20.

Mar 22, 2017 at 01:28 AM
Tom K.
• • • • •
p.5 #18 · p.5 #18 · Fuji XT-2 Impossible to purchase?

arbitrage wrote:
For one of two reasons....either B&H just had way more preorders ahead of yours OR Adorama better estimated demand and ordered more in the beginning and met their demand earlier.

I learned my B&H preorder lesson back in the Canon 5D3 days....B&H is a great store but it is the absolute worst place to preorder from. Just think about how many websites use B&H affiliate links, how many blogs post B&H preorder links before any others....there is just too much demand placed on B&H for "hot" items. In the future I would look to smaller camera stores for preorders as those
...Show more

This isn't a preorder for an item that was yet to be released. It had been on the market for a while already. B&H simply can't get these things. Fuji corp must be having some manufacturing problems. The XT-2 with kit lens is Out of stock at all major retailers.

Mar 22, 2017 at 04:19 AM
Tom K.
• • • • •
p.5 #19 · p.5 #19 · Fuji XT-2 Impossible to purchase?

hpfish10 wrote:
I placed order with BH on 2/20, then on 3/12 I noticed Adorama posted on theor web site that the kit would be coming soon, so I ordered and paid, they shipped it on 3/20. I cancelled BH order on 3/20.

Very strange that Adorama would get them but not B&H.

Mar 22, 2017 at 04:20 AM
Exposure101
• •
p.5 #20 · p.5 #20 · Fuji XT-2 Impossible to purchase?

Yes, sir. X-T2 w/kit lens.

As others have mentioned, it's good to place actual orders with different stores and if one ships before the other, just cancel the latter. Not sure if I got lucky or what, but yeah, probably what others said, most stores usually ship out actual orders first.

I didn't know this at the time but Adorama included some nice accessories with the order too (Lexar SD card, cleaning kit, camera pouch, etc.). Very cool stuff. I think I suggested an alternative route before but you seem to be content with waiting for B&H.

Tom K. wrote:
With kit lens? That's impossible.

Mar 22, 2017 at 04:29 AM
       6       7       end

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

6       7       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password