New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       3              6       7       end

Fuji XT-2 Impossible to purchase?

Tom K.
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Fuji XT-2 Impossible to purchase?

I have had a Fuji XT-2 with the Kit lens on order for well over a month now. The BIG companies that stock them such as B&H, Adorama, Amazon, etc, etc haven't had any for weeks. I just talked to a man at an event and he told me he waited 2 months for his from B&H.

Questions. Why would this occur? Why wouldn't Fuji be able to replenish stock quickly rather than have consumers wait for months? If you have on on backorder.....how long have you been waiting? Finally.....anyone have any idea as to when these things get back in stock?

Thank you......

Mar 01, 2017 at 10:02 PM
AtomicPunk
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Fuji XT-2 Impossible to purchase?

Tom K. wrote:
I have had a Fuji XT-2 with the Kit lens on order for well over a month now. The BIG companies that stock them such as B&H, Adorama, Amazon, etc, etc haven't had any for weeks. I just talked to a man at an event and he told me he waited 2 months for his from B&H.

Questions. Why would this occur? Why wouldn't Fuji be able to replenish stock quickly rather than have consumers wait for months? If you have on on backorder.....how long have you been waiting? Finally.....anyone have any idea as to when these things get back
...Show more

This is not true. I ordered my X-T2 (no lens) at the end of January and just received it the other day. While waiting, I've watched the body and body+kit go in and out of stock at several retailers. Amazon is one of them. During this time they had the X-T2 and the kit at various times. If you really want it you have to constantly check. In addition, call some of the smaller retailers because their web sites don't always have correct info. They are out there to be had. Fuji is supplying them, the issue is this is a very popular camera and people are buying them as fast as they come in. B&H constantly shows out of stock because people have rhyme ordered. As soon as they come in they are already sold.

Mar 01, 2017 at 10:33 PM
Tom K.
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Fuji XT-2 Impossible to purchase?

Mine is paid for at B&H. It's been several weeks and they have been out of stock. I have talked to B&H staff. They do not know when they are getting them back in stock. Same with Adorama, etc, etc. I am on "notify when in stock" lists from other retailers. I get emails telling me they are not in stock every couple of weeks.

I wish I was not telling the truth. But......I'm being honest here. What would I gain from being dishonest about this anyway?

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1263381-REG/fujifilm_x_t2_mirrorless_digital_camera.html

https://www.adorama.com/ifjxt2.html?gclid=CjwKEAiA_9nFBRCsurz7y_Px8xoSJAAUqvKCZ21sK2gr4z97WTZcmU7anMuqFxhtnySBL1G1nPffLBoCyN3w_wcB

https://www.amazon.com/Fujifilm-X-T2-Mirrorless-F2-8-4-0-Lens/dp/B01I3LNQ6M

Mar 01, 2017 at 10:39 PM
darthalal
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Fuji XT-2 Impossible to purchase?

I ordered my X-T2 and booster grip from Competitive Cameras in mid January and received it in 4 days, 2 of which were a weekend. They had them in stock for most of January and February (right now I don't know). Call around to the smaller stores. http://competitivecameras.com

Amazon has had it in and and out of stock a couple of times since January. I think Adorama has as well. They'll often get posted up at FujiRumors when they do come back in stock after being out for a while, it may be worth checking periodically if you're set on buying from one of the big retailers - http://www.fujirumors.com/fujifilm-x-t2-stock-amazonus-body-adorama-kit/

Mar 02, 2017 at 03:25 AM
wsheldon
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Fuji XT-2 Impossible to purchase?

I put in an order for the X-T2 kit with 18-55 and grip at B&H after the $230 discount was announced in January. The website said stock was expected in 7-14 days but it took over 21 days to ship. So stock does appear to be trickling in and going out to fill prior orders as fast as they arrive. Crazy - Fuji clearly didn't realize how much market demand there was. Wonderful little camera, though, so worth a little wait.

Mar 02, 2017 at 04:14 AM
chefboyarlee
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Fuji XT-2 Impossible to purchase?

I had an order in too but I resorted to buying a D grade used one from adorama for $1400. They have another one currently. When I opened the box it looked brand new. Very pleased with my purchase.

Mar 02, 2017 at 05:54 AM
arbitrage
• • • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Fuji XT-2 Impossible to purchase?

Amazon.ca has had it in and out of stock many times in 2017.
In fact they have 3 in stock right now....check if they will ship that product to the US.
https://www.amazon.ca/Fujifilm-X-T2-F2-8-4-0-Lens-millimeters/dp/B01I3LNQ6M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1488472857&sr=8-1&keywords=fuji+x-t2

Mar 02, 2017 at 05:04 PM
chris hwang
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Fuji XT-2 Impossible to purchase?

according to an interview from CP+ Fuji manager interviewed were saying that XT2 demand was higher than expected and also remember the sensor supply was cut off last year in Japan because of the earthquake that affected Sony and other manufacturing plants.

Edited on Mar 02, 2017 at 05:20 PM · View previous versions

Mar 02, 2017 at 05:15 PM
Tom K.
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Fuji XT-2 Impossible to purchase?

arbitrage wrote:
Amazon.ca has had it in and out of stock many times in 2017.
In fact they have 3 in stock right now....check if they will ship that product to the US.
https://www.amazon.ca/Fujifilm-X-T2-F2-8-4-0-Lens-millimeters/dp/B01I3LNQ6M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1488472857&sr=8-1&keywords=fuji+x-t2

Take a closer look. They have none in stock and it says ships in 1 to 2 months.

Mar 02, 2017 at 05:19 PM
coloradophotog

p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Fuji XT-2 Impossible to purchase?

I placed and order with B and H on Jan 20th for the XT2 body only plus grip. It shipped almost a month later feb 17th.

Mar 02, 2017 at 05:24 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

drewmey
• •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Fuji XT-2 Impossible to purchase?

Tom K. wrote:

Actually it is in stock. When you click on the link you are probably being redirected to the USA page. Physically type in "amazon.ca" in your browser and search for "Fuji XT-2". There are (3) in stock. You won't be able to ship into the US though. I don't think amazon let's you do that.

Mar 02, 2017 at 05:33 PM
drewmey
• •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Fuji XT-2 Impossible to purchase?

Why not Camera Canada? In stock right now. Not to mention it would be about $2,000 Canadian dollars with shipping which is about $100 USD cheaper than B and H. I would probably order from there even if it was in stock at B and H but I'm a cheapo.

Mar 02, 2017 at 05:43 PM
chris hwang
• •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Fuji XT-2 Impossible to purchase?

drewmey wrote:
Why not Camera Canada? In stock right now. Not to mention it would be about $2,000 Canadian dollars with shipping which is about $100 USD cheaper than B and H. I would probably order from there even if it was in stock at B and H but I'm a cheapo.

interesting. Does Canada and USA have same North America warranty? If they are then that is a good discount! BH does sell "international" (gray market) products but no US warranty. Although I've seen Canon still covering international warranty in USA (not officially though) but I don't think Fuji does it. I called in once for warranty and they specifically said "ok, that's a USA product so warranty is good..."

Mar 02, 2017 at 05:48 PM
drewmey
• •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Fuji XT-2 Impossible to purchase?

Yes, I doubt they would honor the warranty. This to me is not a big deal but it should be for those who use their gear professionally.

I am not a huge gear head so I have only owned a certain amount of items. However, between the (2) bodies and about (10) lenses that I've owned, none of them have ever broken. Not to mention I don't consider a one year warranty to be that big of a deal. I keep lenses for 5, 10, heck maybe 20 years (I know we are talking about a body but OP is buying with lens as well). Also, I am guessing Camera Canada as some form of a return policy. So we are talking about it failing after the return policy (30 to 90 days maybe) but before the 1 year mark. If I am buying into a whole system, worth the extra $300-500 for the risk in my opinion.

I look at it like this is buying a whole system with several lenses...there would be a sizable upfront savings, if in the off chance I have a problem with a lens or camera, the repair bill would likely be paid with my savings.

EDIT: Fujifilm lens warranty in Canada looks like (2) years. But still worth the "risk" to me. Obviously won't be for some. I wonder if you could buy a 3rd party warranty with the savings you get from buying in Canada?

Mar 02, 2017 at 05:57 PM
Tom K.
• • • • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Fuji XT-2 Impossible to purchase?

I prefer to buy in the USA. Mine is actually paid for at B&H. Just been waiting for weeks with no end in sight.

Mar 02, 2017 at 07:08 PM
JustShootMe
• •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Fuji XT-2 Impossible to purchase?

Precision camera in Austin has both black and graphite in stock , I was just there

Mar 02, 2017 at 08:33 PM
Sorbet
• •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Fuji XT-2 Impossible to purchase?

There are many small dealers out there and they are very likely to have stock. Find the list of authorized dealers on Fuji's web site, then call them one by one.

Mar 02, 2017 at 11:20 PM
arbitrage
• • • • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Fuji XT-2 Impossible to purchase?

Tom K. wrote:

The link is likely jumping you to the US store based on your IP address. Type in .ca instead of .com directly into the web browser and you will see the Canadian listing.

Edited on Mar 02, 2017 at 11:30 PM · View previous versions

Mar 02, 2017 at 11:27 PM
arbitrage
• • • • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Fuji XT-2 Impossible to purchase?

Tom K. wrote:
I prefer to buy in the USA. Mine is actually paid for at B&H. Just been waiting for weeks with no end in sight.

Then just keep on waiting and next time learn that B&H is about the worst place to order any type of "hot" camera. Or save some money, order from amazon.ca or CameraCanada and cancel the B&H order. B&H shouldn't be charging you before they ship anyways. Only on international orders do they charge when you order.

http://www.cameracanada.com/products/productDetail.aspx?pid=600016990

Mar 02, 2017 at 11:29 PM
Tom K.
• • • • •
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Fuji XT-2 Impossible to purchase?

I paid $1899 at B&H. The link you posted from Canada the same items cost $2399

Mar 03, 2017 at 01:41 AM

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password