FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      
       4              29       30       end

Archive 2017 · Canon Spring!

arbitrage
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.3 #1 · p.3 #1 · Canon Spring!

Handheld shots of mom from my alternative out of town nest. The nest is seen in the bokeh of the first image.

Mar 12, 2017 at 02:35 PM
RobDickinson
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.3 #2 · p.3 #2 · Canon Spring!

With a new 70-300L

Speargrass by Rob Dickinson, on Flickr

Mar 13, 2017 at 02:14 AM
RobAmy
• • • • • •
p.3 #3 · p.3 #3 · Canon Spring!

Snail kite with snail meat by A & R Photography, on Flickr

Liftoff by A & R Photography, on Flickr

Foggy Sunrise by A & R Photography, on Flickr

Mar 13, 2017 at 06:02 AM
erielake
• • •
p.3 #4 · p.3 #4 · Canon Spring!

great kite shot Rob, i've never seen one of those

saturday evenings moonrise

Mar 13, 2017 at 07:58 AM
Chris Moy
• • • •
p.3 #5 · p.3 #5 · Canon Spring!

Here's few more from Montauk. These were taken about 30 minutes apart.

5D MK III, 17mm TS-E, f/4, 13 sec, ISO 800
https://photos.smugmug.com/Landscape/i-WL76SLL/0/O/8F0A7495.jpg

5D MK III, 17mm TS-E, f/11, 2 sec, ISO 100
https://photos.smugmug.com/Landscape/i-Bzr3QKV/2/O/8F0A7505-HDR.jpg

Mar 13, 2017 at 09:38 AM
Itsed65
• • •
p.3 #6 · p.3 #6 · Canon Spring!

The osprey have returned to the bay area to nest

Osprey Portrait by lennycarl08, on Flickr

Mar 13, 2017 at 11:30 AM
Scott Stoness
• • • • • •
p.3 #7 · p.3 #7 · Canon Spring!

Yellowknife from Friday at -37c ---- brrrrr

The greens are starting to show

Edited on Mar 13, 2017 at 03:26 PM · View previous versions

Mar 13, 2017 at 03:24 PM
Jefferson
• • • • •
p.3 #8 · p.3 #8 · Canon Spring!

Not Quite Spring ..

https://photos.smugmug.com/Photography/Topazed/i-N2hQNHP/0/X2/untitled-7-Edit-2-X2.jpg
1DsII & 100 f/2

Mar 13, 2017 at 03:25 PM
Zenon Char
• • • • • •
p.3 #9 · p.3 #9 · Canon Spring!

Almost time to get a BIF

The hardy ones are coming back

I couldn't get too close

Ice fishing shack

Mar 13, 2017 at 03:45 PM
Zenon Char
• • • • • •
p.3 #10 · p.3 #10 · Canon Spring!

Spring deer and birds

Gotta stay clean

Redpolls are back

Mar 13, 2017 at 03:59 PM
Geert Koning
• • •
p.3 #11 · p.3 #11 · Canon Spring!

5DIII 100/2.8L

https://photos.smugmug.com/Flowers/Crocuses/i-xfMV8Fh/0/O/_5D33074.jpg

https://photos.smugmug.com/Flowers/Crocuses/i-KKfBqBq/0/O/_5D33081.jpg

Mar 13, 2017 at 04:25 PM
arbitrage
• • • • • • •
p.3 #12 · p.3 #12 · Canon Spring!

Wow, woke up this morning and only -15C...balmy....

The good and bad news is my 5D4 was returned today from CPS....$518CDN later it now has a new:
PCB Ass'y Bottom
FPC Ass'y B-M
Plate Ass'y Main Base
Plate Ass'y Bottom
Mirror Box Ass'y, w/AF Sensor

So I guess that tiny bit of snow that melted into it did some serious damage....note to self....clean your cheap ass cameras off when they get snow on them....these things are like a leaky sieve if you had seen how little snow was actually left on the camera....

Mar 13, 2017 at 06:48 PM
LuckyStrike
• • •
p.3 #13 · p.3 #13 · Canon Spring!

http://www.naturalimagescanada.ca/blog For more of these BackYard beauties!

Shy but rather abundant in winter to early spring, the Varied Thrush sings a haunting tune each morning. And they dig up the world looking for worms and bugs!

I never seem to find them during decent light so I'm happy to be able to shoot at ISO 6400 and 8K with the 1DX2

LuckyT

© LuckyStrike 2015

Mar 13, 2017 at 07:34 PM
RobAmy
• • • • • •
p.3 #14 · p.3 #14 · Canon Spring!

Great Thrush shot

Mar 13, 2017 at 07:43 PM
RobAmy
• • • • • •
p.3 #15 · p.3 #15 · Canon Spring!

Grab a shot today by the pond before the big snow storm tomorrow, calling for 18" of snow.

Mallards at the pond by A & R Photography, on Flickr

Mar 13, 2017 at 07:45 PM
NonRevver

p.3 #16 · p.3 #16 · Canon Spring!

A few shots from the Dallas Arboretum this past weekend with an M5 and EF-M 18-150mm. I'm a complete newbie so these don't measure up to many others on here but the wife and I had a good time shooting nevertheless.

IMG_0344

IMG_0310

IMG_0313

Mar 13, 2017 at 09:37 PM
wnichols
• •
p.3 #17 · p.3 #17 · Canon Spring!

Sorry you guys are getting ready to get hammered in the northeast, stay safe. A few from a cold (for here) and sunny day yesterday. All shot with a Canon 5Ds + 100mm f/2.8 IS Macro.

Mar 13, 2017 at 09:43 PM
IndyFab
• • • • •
p.3 #18 · p.3 #18 · Canon Spring!

Snopchenko wrote:
My much beloved cat has passed away last night.
This has led to a full day of sorrow and unpleasant things to be done. She was one of the signs of a "normal life" that I had - a life which has been steadily crumbling in the last few years, with the loss of my good job 1½ years ago, deterioration in certain important relationships, a plague of technical failures around, and now... this.
A photo from May 2015. Shot with a Canon 1D Mark 4 camera, Canon 18-135 IS STM lens and a 13mm extension tube. I have lots of scattered
...Show more

Condolences,.know exactly how you fill. All dog & cat owners go through this unfortunately, they just don't stay around as long as we would like.

Mar 14, 2017 at 01:15 AM

p.3 #19 · p.3 #19 · Canon Spring!

IndyFab wrote:
Condolences,.know exactly how you fill. All dog & cat owners go through this unfortunately, they just don't stay around as long as we would like.

Thank you. The last six days have been an inexorable nightmare for me - and have only just been concluded by the solemn ceremony me and my wife have held this past evening. I received the urn with the ashes at the clinic, brought it home for a farewell - coincidentally I've set the urn on one of the spots my cat was fond of - and then we scattered the ashes in the big communal yard's garden. That's because the yard where all the local cats are often wandering was the place we took her from back in 2010, so in a sense she's returning there. We also spread some of the ash beneath the jasmine bush so when this plant starts blooming later on we'll have an extra reason to remember her.

And yes, the cats don't last as long as humans do, of course, but ours had an especially short life (not even 7 years) marred by various illnesses she was suffering from since kittenhood - part of that was due to the fact that the {censored} original owners who have lots of semi-wandering cats aren't giving proper care to each and everyone, and she had a food poisoning early on that had thrown her pancreas out of whack. The last half a year was especially problematic because she had developed a serious kidney/bladder disease that we've only barely extinguished (at least turned from acute to semi-chronic but ultimately manageable/liveable). We even had to spay her in the process (late last September) because the infection has spread to the uterus. She had somewhat recovered by the late winter but the digestive problems have of late masked an acute poisoning - the origin of which will now forever remain a mystery - that we've discovered too late. Ultimately her organism was too weakened to cope and the liver failure was what has done her in.

I was actually surprised by the fact that I can react so acutely to her death - since she wasn't even a human, and I've been mostly devoid of any emotion for the last few years. But the sheer injustice of it all still burns me to the bones - the fact that an intelligent being (and she was most definitely intelligent, being the smartest and the most kind-hearted of any cats I've known) can in a moment cease to exist utterly and irrevocably, and nothing whatsoever would remain of all the experience, the personality, the - dare I say this? - soul. No wonder why every religion revolves around a certain concept of afterlife - even the primitive humans who led a harsh life could not wrap their minds around this injustice. Even I, a 21st century human with a college degree and a deeply rooted atheistic worldview, have started to bend towards a soothing, blind belief that somehow, some part of our loved ones may yet remain. Remaining at home alone on Monday I felt like I was starting to go insane in a sense, almost talking to her out loud even though she wasn't there and wasn't alive at all.

This was, of course, not the first case of me losing the people close to me - including older relatives. But as blasphemous as it may sound, for some reason I've never grieved so profoundly and so long. Even in her life, I was - to an extent - treating her as much more than a household pet - more like a child I've never had and likely never will.

All right, sorry for the long rant in the most inappropriate place. If you pardon me, I will publish a few more photos of her to keep all of this related to photography. Here's one from what was probably the last proper photo set - we did a few cellphone snaps of her during the treatment, but these are mostly too sad and / or too low quality to be publicly posted.
http://pp.userapi.com/c636322/v636322358/4f4f6/DXvhEWypGQg.jpg
Dec. 25th, 2016. She's already months into her illness but still active enough to scale windows. Actually, she remained this way almost until 10 days or so until her death.
Camera: 1D Mark 4. Lens: Canon 24/1.4L II @ f/1.8
http://pp.userapi.com/c636322/v636322358/4f53b/sS3Cb2PTZ4E.jpg
Nov. 20th, 2016. Cold autumn evening.
Camera: 1D Mark 4. Lens: 16-35/4L IS @ 35mm f/4.

Mar 14, 2017 at 03:00 PM
Zenon Char
• • • • • •
p.3 #20 · p.3 #20 · Canon Spring!

I need a longer lens

Mar 15, 2017 at 10:01 PM
1       2      

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

1       2      

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.