New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

music in slideshow

nugeny
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · music in slideshow

I do hope to get some help here.
I digitalized all my photo albums and can give wonderful slideshow. My only wish is to incorporate music in the SD/CF that holds the slideshow. Is there any app/program that would do just that?
Thanks ahead.

Feb 27, 2017 at 12:41 AM
chez
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · music in slideshow

Most slideshow applications allow you to synchronize the show to music. Proshow Gold comes to mind.

Feb 27, 2017 at 02:29 AM
nugeny
• • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · music in slideshow

chez wrote:
Most slideshow applications allow you to synchronize the show to music. Proshow Gold comes to mind.

thanks, I ll try it

Feb 27, 2017 at 03:39 PM
story_teller
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · music in slideshow

In addition, you can use Lightroom, Apple Photos, Photoshop Elements, Final Cut Pro X and Fotomagico to name a few more. With some applications you can actually time the slide changes to the beat of the music.

One thing I have learned is to keep each slideshow to no more than about 5-minutes or your crowd will start to drift off.....

Second thing to check is see if your software will time the slides to fit the length of the music you select. That's also handy.

Feb 27, 2017 at 10:50 PM
nugeny
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · music in slideshow

story_teller wrote:
In addition, you can use Lightroom, Apple Photos, Photoshop Elements, Final Cut Pro X and Fotomagico to name a few more. With some applications you can actually time the slide changes to the beat of the music.

One thing I have learned is to keep each slideshow to no more than about 5-minutes or your crowd will start to drift off.....

Second thing to check is see if your software will time the slides to fit the length of the music you select. That's also handy.

Thanks. I have Lightroom 5. I hope it is recent enough. I will also check CaptureNX.

Feb 28, 2017 at 01:27 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

nolaguy
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · music in slideshow

Robert, I found LR's slideshow handling to be clumsy. I couldn't get the timing as I wanted - I don't think it supports individual slide timing so I was just doing the math and it never seemed to work properly.

Now I use ProShow Producer. Tons of control both global and granular. I haven't tried ProShow Gold.

Side note that if you're using popular music and want to share via Facebook, etc, they'll pull your videos for copyright violation. Licensed music is the alternative.

Regards,

Chuck

Feb 28, 2017 at 11:03 AM
monkey007

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · music in slideshow

If you are planning on creating more shows in the future Proshow is the way to go. I've been using Proshow Producer for many years with great results. If you are doing only one show than the cost is probably not worth it.

Mar 03, 2017 at 01:24 AM
butlerkid
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · music in slideshow

ProShow Gold is the best way to go!!!! Easy to create impressive slide show, incorporating music, etc.

I highly recommend it!

An example...sit back and enjoy!

Botswana Slide Show

http://www.pleasanttravelsphotography.com/Porftolio/Travel-other-than-USA/Africa/Botswana/Chobe-River-Slide-Show/i-SpDcpQv/A

Mar 03, 2017 at 01:30 AM
RDKirk
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · music in slideshow

I know a lot of people who use slideshows primarily as a marking tool. For them, Animoto is quick, cost-effective, and sufficient.

If slideshows are actually one of your products, I recommend Proshow Producer. It has every possible bell and whistle for production of a slideshow as a commericial product in itself--some you won't have even thought of until you see them in Proshow Producer and then realize, "Oh, dang, I need that!" It's got professional capabilities you don't yet know you need, if slideshows are a product for you.

For music backgrounds, I mostly rely on lifetime royalty licenses from Pond 5, which IMO has the biggest range of the best music for the buck.

But I always check Incompotech.com before I buy anything. Incompotech.com is the website of professional film score writer Kevin MacLeod. It's got a neat search capability that filters for tempo, feel, and genre. The only thing MacLeod asks for is credit.

Mar 03, 2017 at 06:22 AM

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password