Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · how to price used tripod gear?

Steve Brandt
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · how to price used tripod gear?

Hey guys, i googled around and ebayed around and am still not exactly sure on how to price them(no this is not a sale add, just trying to find out what is fair before posting in the buy sell spot)

I am looking and i have a used pod and head, head is in near new condition and the pod is in good condition(foam pads are a little worn up but not bad) So what i am trying to determine is how much to mark down? both are well known and trusted brands(Slik and Sirui) so I just dont know what is fair. I want to get rid of it since i upgraded to a CF Sirui and love it so i dont see myself needing to hang onto it.

anyway thanks for any insight you can give and if all works out i may have a real nice pod setup for someone to grab on the B&S section

Feb 26, 2017 at 06:25 PM
Ming-Tzu
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · how to price used tripod gear?

Price it very subjectively lol

See what it sells for retail and what other similar products sell for, and determine what you'd like to sell it for. Hard to give advice on this sort of thing outside of doing research on the market.

Feb 26, 2017 at 06:41 PM
Andrew J
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · how to price used tripod gear?

The asking price really doesn't matter. You will get offers behind the scene that are all over.

Feb 26, 2017 at 06:53 PM
Steve Brandt
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · how to price used tripod gear?

Ok. Well I had seen the items on eBay for close to what it went new and that didn't seem right... I didn't see going rates on ebay though, I'll see if maybe I try listing it and it will give me the rate others are selling them for.

Feb 26, 2017 at 07:23 PM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · how to price used tripod gear?

It's the same as anything else. What are finished sales showing on ebay, etc.? What are camera stores charging?

EBH

Feb 26, 2017 at 07:24 PM
shmn
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · how to price used tripod gear?

Only reliable prices for used gear on E-bay is to look at "Completed Listings" that sold.

Feb 26, 2017 at 07:44 PM
Two23
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · how to price used tripod gear?

shmn wrote:
Only reliable prices for used gear on E-bay is to look at "Completed Listings" that sold.

Exactly.

Kent in SD

Feb 26, 2017 at 10:24 PM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.