Landscape Posting Guidelines

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2017 · Winter Tree

lazlo369
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Winter Tree

Both of them are stunning images. I especially like how the dense fog in the background partially veils the mountains.

Feb 27, 2017 at 05:22 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Winter Tree

Thanks for all comments and feedback on these two images!

Feb 27, 2017 at 11:06 PM
nburwell
• • • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Winter Tree

Vertical definitely gets my vote here. Both are outstanding images though.

-Nick

Feb 28, 2017 at 09:37 AM
MJKoski
• • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Winter Tree

Vertical is my pick too. It has interesting snowy, frozen, shapes on the foreground which go along with the tree and the mountains on the background very well. Black and white conversion pops the three against the white misty sky and therefore suits these images nicely.

Feb 28, 2017 at 05:42 PM
Mike Jacks0n
• • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Winter Tree

Love the mountains in the vertical, they seem to just anchor the shot. But the snow covered rocks create a clean visual flow and make all the difference finishing off the image.

Feb 28, 2017 at 07:00 PM
Todd
• • • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Winter Tree

Nice image... I noticed that you use the Sony A7RII now instead of Canon. Is it a great camera? I thought about looking into getting one, but lost interest. Not sure it would do well for astronomy and long exposures. You produce beautiful landscapes with it, that's for sure.

Feb 28, 2017 at 11:45 PM
Gregg B.
• • • •
p.2 #7 · p.2 #7 · Winter Tree

Fred.
So the sensor in your camera has so many pixels I wonder why did you shoot at f/11 as oppose to doing a focus stack. At even f/8 there is already some light diffraction going on...

Mar 01, 2017 at 04:14 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.2 #8 · p.2 #8 · Winter Tree

Todd wrote:
Nice image... I noticed that you use the Sony A7RII now instead of Canon. Is it a great camera? I thought about looking into getting one, but lost interest. Not sure it would do well for astronomy and long exposures. You produce beautiful landscapes with it, that's for sure.

Todd,
For the type of astrophotography you do, I would not move to the A7RII. Too much chroma noise!
A better alternative is the A7R which performs much better for astro.

Mar 01, 2017 at 04:34 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.2 #9 · p.2 #9 · Winter Tree

Gregg B. wrote:
Fred.
So the sensor in your camera has so many pixels I wonder why did you shoot at f/11 as oppose to doing a focus stack. At even f/8 there is already some light diffraction going on...

Hi Gregg,
I focus stack my images whenever needed and the weather conditions are optimal.
It was a raining windy day for these ones and the ground was very unstable. I had to use long rubber boots and my tripod was submerged in water... I felt that shooting at f/11 was a good compromise. Thanks for your comment.
Fred

Mar 01, 2017 at 04:38 PM
Blufox
• • •
p.2 #10 · p.2 #10 · Winter Tree

Excellent work! Tree branches offer so many great photo ops and you definitely brought out the best that they have to offer!

Mar 02, 2017 at 10:00 PM
       end

FM Forums | Landscape Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.