FM Forum Rules
Macro World Resource

FM Forums | Macro & Still Life | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · A Few Moss Close-ups

e6filmuser
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · A Few Moss Close-ups

There are quite a few mosses living in various part of our garden. I have been intending to investigate their potential for images and finally got around to it yesterday. Although botanically interesting, there was not much material for worthwhile images. There were few spore capsules and those present were not at the ripe stage, which has most appeal. Anyway, I have a few with some merit.

EM-1, 4/3 to m4/3 adapter, Olympus 4/3 matched x2TC, Olympus 4/3 50mm f2 macro lens, Raynox MSN-202 25 diopter macro supplementary lens. Triple off camera RC TTL flash. Hand-held with support.

The FOV was 5mm wide, cropped slightly for composition purposes. Indicated aperture f14. f16 would be better.

Harold

Harold Gough 2017

Harold Gough 2017

Harold Gough 2017

Edited on Mar 28, 2017 at 04:58 AM · View previous versions

Feb 25, 2017 at 01:31 AM
surfnron
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · A Few Moss Close-ups

Neat shots Harold. 2 stands out ~ Ron

Feb 25, 2017 at 08:14 AM
morris
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · A Few Moss Close-ups

Hi Harold,

The first is good yet the loss of the curve at the top and the included leaf and stem at the bottom take away from this one. The second is superb.

Morris

Feb 25, 2017 at 08:30 AM
e6filmuser
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · A Few Moss Close-ups

morris wrote:
Hi Harold,

The first is good yet the loss of the curve at the top and the included leaf and stem at the bottom take away from this one. The second is superb.

Morris

Morris I agree. Trying to get a single one without foreground or background distractions was difficult> I will try again when more develop. If necessary, I will try to dissect one out of the colony.

Harold

Feb 25, 2017 at 08:38 AM

FM Forums | Macro & Still Life | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.