New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Micro Four Thirds Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Sony FF to m4/3?

ajamils
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Sony FF to m4/3?

I agree but then again it only matters if you are a dedicated wildlife/action photographer. For me it is not very big issue as I don't do either a lot.

k-h.a.w wrote:
IMHO it would be a challenge for me to get some of these images with my A7r.2 gear.
K-H.

Mar 02, 2017 at 08:15 AM
k-h.a.w
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Sony FF to m4/3?

E-M1.2 + 150/2.0 SHG / @ f/2.8, ISO 200, 1/200s.

K-H.

Mar 02, 2017 at 08:17 AM
k-h.a.w
• • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Sony FF to m4/3?

ajamils wrote:
I agree but then again it only matters if you are a dedicated wildlife/action photographer. For me it is not very big issue as I don't do either a lot.

Yup, the A7r.2 gear excels in other complementary subjects!

K-H.

Mar 02, 2017 at 08:37 AM

Search in Used Dept. 

savingspaces
• • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Sony FF to m4/3?

ajamils wrote:
Yes, that's a good statement that gets thrown around a lot on these forums but for people who aren't "great" photographers, they need all the help that they can get and having a good camera helps a lot

Let me use myself as an example. You could give me the gear NASA uses, my snaps will still be snaps.

With the exception of BIF/Sports and macro, I don't really understand how gear helps with creativity, light, composition, subject matter etc...

Mar 02, 2017 at 07:34 PM
formula4speed
• • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Sony FF to m4/3?

There are definitely ways that my gear has helped my photography in specific ways, composition has actually been a big one for me with mirrorless gear.

In my case, the touch screen with live view has been a big deal. I will often shoot at waist level using the LCD screen swiveled out and view the whole scene to set my composition and then use the touch screen to instantly focus and shoot the photo. This is hugely convenient to me, especially compared to some of my older SLRs when the center focus point was the most accurate leading to compromised compositions just to make sure I got something usable.

There have also been quite a few times I've wanted to shoot really high or at ground level where my old gear would have been largely guess work. Now it's a cake walk.

IBIS has let me shoot more at night, which I've greatly enjoyed and I've nabbed quite a few slow shutter speed waterfall shots when hiking without a tripod.

I don't know if it has made me more creative but it sure is easier to get the shot I'm picturing in my mind. Since it's been easier to get the shots I want, I actually shoot more, and more practice makes me better. So while I'd like to take all the credit for any improvement in my photography, new gear can really help me step up my game as well.

Mar 02, 2017 at 08:31 PM
ajamils
• • •
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Sony FF to m4/3?

For me IBIS is the game changer and that single feature has brought me back to m4/3 from Fuji. Despite loving Fuji and owning all the top glass, lack of stabilization in primes left me frustrated many times. For example Fuji 90mm f2 is a GORGEOUS lens lack of stabilization made is a "good light" lens because to get a proper hand holding shutter speed I had to push the ISO more than I liked. With Olympus, I don't have to worry about that. Every lens is stabilized.

formula4speed wrote:
There are definitely ways that my gear has helped my photography in specific ways, composition has actually been a big one for me with mirrorless gear.

In my case, the touch screen with live view has been a big deal. I will often shoot at waist level using the LCD screen swiveled out and view the whole scene to set my composition and then use the touch screen to instantly focus and shoot the photo. This is hugely convenient to me, especially compared to some of my older SLRs when the center focus point was the most accurate leading to compromised
...Show more

Mar 03, 2017 at 04:08 AM
       end

FM Forums | Micro Four Thirds Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password