New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Testing 35 mm lenses on GFX

sputnik
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Testing 35 mm lenses on GFX

I just saw this, which looks quite promising.

http://akpo.ca/35mm-Lenses-on-the-Fujifilm-GFX-50S

Feb 24, 2017 at 10:24 AM
mdemeyer
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Testing 35 mm lenses on GFX

Finally stopped raining so I got out on the 16th floor balcony and made that test shot to show the performance of the Contax 35mm PC-Distagon (simulated) on the GFX. To be clear, I don't have a GFX! I used a Sony A7 (Kolari Thin Filter mod v3) and did a three-shot stitch to capture coverage of 36H x 44W.

Shot was done at F8, ISO 100, 1/640 sec focused on infinity. Stitched in Lightroom. Adjusted for white balance (to taste) and slight increase in contrast (also to taste). No other corrections, no CA removal. Sharpened using Smart Sharpen in Photoshop at 75%, 0.4 radius, and 3% NR. Output to .jpeg from PS with quality 100%.

Here's the image matching the GFX sensor size:

@ 100% (7382 x 5537)

Here's the uncropped stitch, so larger than the GFX sensor, but gives an idea of the coverage slightly beyond the GFX image circle:

100% (7382 x 5902) Slightly more height than GFX sensor coverage.

Top of the image is sky, so look at the middle to bottom. (I didn't want to tilt the camera down... I hate convergence!)

Some color aliasing from the A7M with no anti-aliasing filter. Sharpness, CA and lack of distortion look very good to me.

I'm using this PC-Distagon as a donor lens for the Actus. Removing the shift mechanism and mounting the optical cell on an Actus lensboard. Will post pictures of that surgery at some point soon...

Michael

Mar 23, 2017 at 01:10 AM

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.