Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

Archive 2017 · 5d4 vs 1dx Comparison Shots?

memoria
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · 5d4 vs 1dx Comparison Shots?

rabbitmountain wrote:
I had the same issue and I turned to profiling the 5D4 and 1Dx using CCP and after that they were quite close. IMO the contrast and saturation in ACR/LR for the 5D4 Adobe std profile is crap. Way undersaturated and flat looking. As if they deliberately made it look pale. Don't know what Adobe was thinking. They did the opposite with the 5DsR initially (way too much contrast on dark end of histogram) and they fixed that in Adobe Lightroom CC with a "v2" profile.
I found that the 5D4 files are very workable after you get a good
...Show more

The CC profile is certainly better, but I get best results from DPP, Camera Standard and saturation level up a few notches.

Overall the 5D4 seems to default to a more "mature" rendering in the color department. Far away from the almost screaming colors from APS-C models like 70D, 7D/7D2 etc.

Adobe says they've altered the color table in order to easier match cross-brand models. But I'm not so sure about that. The Adobe Standard for 5D4 is the worst in history. Looks like the saturation slider is on -50. A grey boring mess. If that's how they "match different models" - by simply removing the color, then it's the laziest attempt I've ever heard of...

Feb 25, 2017 at 01:13 AM
       end

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.