Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

  New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist
  

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3       4      
5
       6              9       10       end
  

Voigtlander E-mount 35mm 1.4, 40mm 1.2, 65mm f2 in Develo...
  
 
Fred Miranda
Offline
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.5 #1 · p.5 #1 · Voigtlander E-mount 35mm 1.4, 40mm 1.2, 65mm f2 in Development


azenis wrote:
I just wish them to make them in M mount. After getting used to TAP, there's no going back.


In the case of the CV 10/5.6 and 12/5.6 III E-mount lenses, there were options for the M-mount as well. It's not unreasonable to think that Voigtlander would be consistent here.



Feb 23, 2017 at 09:01 PM
serhan_
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #2 · p.5 #2 · Voigtlander E-mount 35mm 1.4, 40mm 1.2, 65mm f2 in Development


There is A mount CV 125/2.5 with CPU contacts. I got mine from keh. It is same size as ZF 100mm f2 Makro lens.

jhinkey wrote:
Hopefully they will re-release the 125/2.5 in E mount with CPU contacts





Feb 23, 2017 at 09:09 PM
rscheffler
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #3 · p.5 #3 · Voigtlander E-mount 35mm 1.4, 40mm 1.2, 65mm f2 in Development


genji wrote:
Well, Makten, one of us is going to be disappointed because I'm really hoping the 40/1.2 will be optimised for close distances.

Makten wrote:
I don't see the point with very fast lenses with smoooooth bokeh at close distances. The background will be blurred enough with a slower lens and the OOF circles so large that smoothness doesn't really matter.

------

Edit: This looks very promising, at some sort of medium distance: https://t.co/I1A2YKHlPX


That person has other tidbits on his Twitter feed. For example, the EXIF in the lenses at CP+ is specific to the show....

This probably won't display here, but paste the link into a new page for another look at 40/1.2 rendering https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C5WgDqVVMAIVdW5.jpg

At f/2.8: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C5Wb_W-VcAAYFYB.jpg


Edited on Feb 23, 2017 at 09:38 PM · View previous versions



Feb 23, 2017 at 09:33 PM
DavidBM
Online
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.5 #4 · p.5 #4 · Voigtlander E-mount 35mm 1.4, 40mm 1.2, 65mm f2 in Development


Fred Miranda wrote:
In the case of the CV 10/5.6 and 12/5.6 III E-mount lenses, there were options for the M-mount as well. It's not unreasonable to think that Voigtlander would be consistent here.


Maybe, Fred, but with slower lenses like those wides I'd guess it would easier to design a 'compromise' that works ok on both filter stacks, but with these fast lenses they would really need to make some optical changes between the two versions.



Feb 23, 2017 at 09:35 PM
Fred Miranda
Offline
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.5 #5 · p.5 #5 · Voigtlander E-mount 35mm 1.4, 40mm 1.2, 65mm f2 in Development


rji2goleez wrote:
And you didn't like the Leica Elmarit-R 28/2.8? I had it on the B&S board but then went and shot it again and withdrew the sale. I like it's rendering which I call 'buttery sharp'.


Bob,
Although I really like its rendering but frankly it was not for me. The corners only come alive after f/8 and I felt it was not a good value when comparing it side-by-side to the ZF 28/2.



Feb 23, 2017 at 09:50 PM
Fred Miranda
Offline
Admin
Upload & Sell: On
p.5 #6 · p.5 #6 · Voigtlander E-mount 35mm 1.4, 40mm 1.2, 65mm f2 in Development


DavidBM wrote:
Maybe, Fred, but with slower lenses like those wides I'd guess it would easier to design a 'compromise' that works ok on both filter stacks, but with these fast lenses they would really need to make some optical changes between the two versions.


Good point!



Feb 23, 2017 at 09:51 PM
genji
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.5 #7 · p.5 #7 · Voigtlander E-mount 35mm 1.4, 40mm 1.2, 65mm f2 in Development


rscheffler wrote:
...
This probably won't display here, but paste the link into a new page for another look at 40/1.2 rendering https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C5WgDqVVMAIVdW5.jpg
...


Thanks for that link, Ron. I've added the CV 40/1.2 to my "Once I Have This Lens, I'm Done" list.



Feb 23, 2017 at 10:11 PM
DannyBurkPhoto
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.5 #8 · p.5 #8 · Voigtlander E-mount 35mm 1.4, 40mm 1.2, 65mm f2 in Development


genji wrote:
Thanks for that link, Ron. I've added the CV 40/1.2 to my "Once I Have This Lens, I'm Done" list.


My list like that seems to keep getting larger.




Feb 23, 2017 at 10:13 PM
bjornthun
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #9 · p.5 #9 · Voigtlander E-mount 35mm 1.4, 40mm 1.2, 65mm f2 in Development


rscheffler wrote:
That person has other tidbits on his Twitter feed. For example, the EXIF in the lenses at CP+ is specific to the show....

This probably won't display here, but paste the link into a new page for another look at 40/1.2 rendering https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C5WgDqVVMAIVdW5.jpg

At f/2.8: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C5Wb_W-VcAAYFYB.jpg

His tweets contain two images from the 65/2 as well. They look good to me. What do you other guys think?



Feb 23, 2017 at 10:28 PM
bluloo
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.5 #10 · p.5 #10 · Voigtlander E-mount 35mm 1.4, 40mm 1.2, 65mm f2 in Development


I'm digging the APO Lanthar shots. Nice.


Feb 23, 2017 at 10:32 PM
 

Search in Used Dept. 

        


rscheffler
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #11 · p.5 #11 · Voigtlander E-mount 35mm 1.4, 40mm 1.2, 65mm f2 in Development


I agree the 65/2 looks good. Even as a non-macro that would be an interesting focal length and fast enough for a lot of uses.

Thinking 'big', I'd like to see Voigtlander faithfully recreate the Konica Hexanon 60/1.2 (with an M-mount option)...
Oh, and of course at a fraction of the Hex's current market price.



Feb 23, 2017 at 10:39 PM
Gary Clennan
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.5 #12 · p.5 #12 · Voigtlander E-mount 35mm 1.4, 40mm 1.2, 65mm f2 in Development


rscheffler wrote:
Thinking 'big', I'd like to see Voigtlander faithfully recreate the Konica Hexanon 60/1.2 (with an M-mount option)...
Oh, and of course at a fraction of the Hex's current market price.


That is one lens I would love to try. Have you ever tried (or seen) a copy Ron? I have only seen them for sale every now and again....



Feb 24, 2017 at 04:38 AM
genji
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.5 #13 · p.5 #13 · Voigtlander E-mount 35mm 1.4, 40mm 1.2, 65mm f2 in Development


rscheffler wrote:
I agree the 65/2 looks good. Even as a non-macro that would be an interesting focal length and fast enough for a lot of uses.

Thinking 'big', I'd like to see Voigtlander faithfully recreate the Konica Hexanon 60/1.2 (with an M-mount option)...
Oh, and of course at a fraction of the Hex's current market price.


---------------------------------------------

Gary Clennan wrote:
That is one lens I would love to try. Have you ever tried (or seen) a copy Ron? I have only seen them for sale every now and again....


Not the same, obviously, but I just picked up a copy of the M-Hexanon 50/1.2.



Feb 24, 2017 at 05:37 AM
artur5
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #14 · p.5 #14 · Voigtlander E-mount 35mm 1.4, 40mm 1.2, 65mm f2 in Development


DavidBM wrote:
Maybe, Fred, but with slower lenses like those wides I'd guess it would easier to design a 'compromise' that works ok on both filter stacks, but with these fast lenses they would really need to make some optical changes between the two versions.

Possibly you’re right, but I have my doubts. I think that a fast 35 or 40mm lens is still a bit friendlier to different sensor stacks than those ultrawides, which are quite challenging because of the steep ray angles, even if they’re slow and more retrofocus than classical RF designs. Therefore, I wouldn’t be surprised at all if Cosina designed the new lenses optimized for a sensor stack in-between Sony and Leica thickness and release E and M versions which share the same optics, as they seem to have done with the latest Heliar 15/4.5.
I’d like to be wrong because a lens designed to be compatible for Leica and Sony sensors at the same time will be always a compromise. Let’s wait and see.




Feb 24, 2017 at 10:15 AM
DavidBM
Online
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.5 #15 · p.5 #15 · Voigtlander E-mount 35mm 1.4, 40mm 1.2, 65mm f2 in Development


artur5 wrote:
Possibly you’re right, but I have my doubts. I think that a fast 35 or 40mm lens is still a bit friendlier to different sensor stacks than those ultrawides, which are quite challenging because of the steep ray angles, even if they’re slow and more retrofocus than classical RF designs. Therefore, I wouldn’t be surprised at all if Cosina designed the new lenses optimized for a sensor stack in-between Sony and Leica thickness and release E and M versions which share the same optics, as they seem to have done with the latest Heliar 15/4.5.
I’d like to be
...Show more

I agree it's wait and see; and I too hope that these models aren't compromises. Ultrawides are indeed more sensitive; but so are faster lenses. The 40 is *very* fast, and the wides were *very* slow, which is why I thought speed might trump AOV on balance in these cases. One other piece of evidence: the way CV talk about the 35 suggests it really is reformulated specifically for Sony compared with the M version. If that's right, it might be that the 40 is truly optimized rather than a compromise.

But, of course, its wait and see....



Feb 24, 2017 at 10:44 AM
artur5
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #16 · p.5 #16 · Voigtlander E-mount 35mm 1.4, 40mm 1.2, 65mm f2 in Development


I'm rather sceptic on the accuracy of information coming from the marketing department of the manufacturer. I seem to recall that when Cosina released the CV 15/4.5 - E version, they said likewise about being optimized for Sony sensors. If you have been following the thread about this lens, it seems obvious that optically wise they're the same. Both perform very well when you find a good copy, and not so well if you're not lucky, with disregard of if it's M or E mount.


Feb 24, 2017 at 01:09 PM
GMPhotography
Offline
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.5 #17 · p.5 #17 · Voigtlander E-mount 35mm 1.4, 40mm 1.2, 65mm f2 in Development


The 65 is peaking my interest. Might be a screaming landscape type lens


Feb 24, 2017 at 02:21 PM
Mathieu18
Offline
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.5 #18 · p.5 #18 · Voigtlander E-mount 35mm 1.4, 40mm 1.2, 65mm f2 in Development


Per DPReveiw's hands on (I'm assuming they talked to Cosina reps): "The fastest 40mm ever made for full frame (in case you've been waiting for one) the 40mm Nokton is based on an older VM (Leica M) mount lens, but has been 'optimized' for Sony E mount."

https://www.dpreview.com/news/4962233673/cp-2017-hands-on-with-new-voigtlander-e-mount-primes?slide=8

DavidBM wrote:
I agree it's wait and see; and I too hope that these models aren't compromises. Ultrawides are indeed more sensitive; but so are faster lenses. The 40 is *very* fast, and the wides were *very* slow, which is why I thought speed might trump AOV on balance in these cases. One other piece of evidence: the way CV talk about the 35 suggests it really is reformulated specifically for Sony compared with the M version. If that's right, it might be that the 40 is truly optimized rather than a compromise.

But, of course, its wait and see....





Feb 24, 2017 at 02:42 PM
Makten
Offline
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #19 · p.5 #19 · Voigtlander E-mount 35mm 1.4, 40mm 1.2, 65mm f2 in Development


Mathieu18 wrote:
Per DPReveiw's hands on (I'm assuming they talked to Cosina reps): "The fastest 40mm ever made for full frame (in case you've been waiting for one) the 40mm Nokton is based on an older VM (Leica M) mount lens, but has been 'optimized' for Sony E mount."


Most likely a typo and they meant that the 35 Nokton is based on an older VM lens.

Edit: Or it's the 35/1.2, but it doesn't make sense since the 40 is shorter.



Feb 24, 2017 at 03:38 PM
ISO1600
Offline
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.5 #20 · p.5 #20 · Voigtlander E-mount 35mm 1.4, 40mm 1.2, 65mm f2 in Development


Not like DPReview has a track record of no typos lol


Feb 24, 2017 at 03:50 PM
1       2       3       4      
5
       6              9       10       end






FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

1       2       3       4      
5
       6              9       10       end
    
 

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password