Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

end

Zeiss ZF.2 and ZE Instant Rebates (Up to $950)

bluloo
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #1 · p.2 #1 · Zeiss ZF.2 and ZE Instant Rebates (Up to $950)

jcolwell wrote:
...tempered by the internal flare investigated by @bluloo@ and @rico@ .

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1469987/0#13878423
http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1466070/0#13845856

Assuming you get an otherwise acceptable (quality) copy of the lens, the flare issue is resolvable.
Still a bargain, for the IQ, IMO.

Not saying I still wouldn't rather have the APO....

Feb 22, 2017 at 03:37 PM
rico
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #2 · p.2 #2 · Zeiss ZF.2 and ZE Instant Rebates (Up to $950)

bluloo wrote:
Not saying I still wouldn't rather have the APO....

No disagreement from me. The current AS135 price is relatively attractive but still far above the Rokinon 135. I use the Rok at every opportunity and, while f/2 is sexy, I always stop down. What is vital for me is the linearity and correction of lateral color. Example from yesterday, f/9:

White b/g is a serious Rok weakness, so I now use the hood diligently. No flare was detected, above, nor veiling glare (no contrast boost needed).

Feb 22, 2017 at 04:25 PM
carlitos
• • •
p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Zeiss ZF.2 and ZE Instant Rebates (Up to $950)

Wonder if Zeiss will offer rebates on the ZF 35/1.4 or the ZF 85/1.4 at some point.

I assume there'll be a Milvus 35/1.4 sooner or later.

Feb 22, 2017 at 05:55 PM
Lee Saxon
• • • •
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Zeiss ZF.2 and ZE Instant Rebates (Up to $950)

carlitos wrote:
Wonder if Zeiss will offer rebates on the ZF 35/1.4 or the ZF 85/1.4 at some point.

I assume there'll be a Milvus 35/1.4 sooner or later.

The 21 and 85 had them at one point, I'm surprised they aren't anymore. I figured it'd stay until stock was depleted (for example the pre-Milvus 100/2 seems to be gone from B&H). Probably that'll happen at some point though.

The 35/1.4 was the biggest Milvus surprise for me. They seemed to drop the weaker lenses (18, 50, 85) for replacements and carry over the newest and strongest. Except at 35 they carried over the humbler and older 35/2. My guess is they planned a new 35/1.4 on par with the new 50 & 85 (even though the current 35/1.4 didn't need replacing nearly as bad as the those two), but were afraid to be completely without that focal length in the meantime.

Feb 22, 2017 at 09:15 PM
Pixel Perfect
• • • • • • •
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Zeiss ZF.2 and ZE Instant Rebates (Up to $950)

Sigma has made Zeiss more and more irrelevant with their Art line. While I know the Zeiss are superbly built, they are not worth 200-300% more. At most I'd could see a 50% premium being reasonable given the lack of AF.

Not only are Sigma giving us stellar lenses Tamron has lifted it's game enormously and while their SP lenses are quite as good optically they are actually better built than the Art line and have real weather sealing and most come with VC all while being significantly cheaper than Art. Also people tend to have less AF issues with Tamron. I for one hope Tamron releases a 135 f/1.8/2 VC, their 85 f/1.8 VC is excellent and more than sharp enough even with the 50MP sensors.

I could never bring myself to pay Zeiss money nowadays.

Feb 22, 2017 at 11:51 PM
       end

FM Forums | Alternative Gear & Lenses | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password