New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · On a moving bus,

eeneryma
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · On a moving bus,

Through a dirty window, with missed focus...
Something different.

Steve

On a moving bus...

Feb 16, 2017 at 11:16 PM
RustyBug
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · On a moving bus,

Timing is everything ... this one goes along with my point about seeing and the brain's input to the process. Definitely a diff kind of image that few will resonate with.

My first thought was a pass, then when I came back to it I began to assess it, rather than look at it ... I filled in some of what I didn't see the first go round. I expected to see oof, but anticipated seeing a bit more definition than this. By about the fourth time through it, the car & truck started to yield some identity, then the crosswalk, and then the pedestrians.

On one hand ... it's kinda "out there" at a lame missed focus, but then on a different level (the physiology of how we see), it's kinda deeper than I first gave credence to. It starts off as a "WTH". For some folks, it'll stay there forever, for others ...it just depends on what they'll let their brain do with it.

Feb 16, 2017 at 11:49 PM
Rick Joyce
• • • • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · On a moving bus,

As in a Claude Monet impressionistic painting

Feb 17, 2017 at 06:09 AM
eeneryma
• • • • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · On a moving bus,

RustyBug wrote:
Timing is everything ... this one goes along with my point about seeing and the brain's input to the process. Definitely a diff kind of image that few will resonate with.

My first thought was a pass, then when I came back to it I began to assess it, rather than look at it ... I filled in some of what I didn't see the first go round. I expected to see oof, but anticipated seeing a bit more definition than this. By about the fourth time through it, the car & truck started to yield some identity, then the
...Show more

Thanks Kent for all your astute comments and analysis. Most often accidents are deletable failures. Rarely, you might have a little lemonade.

Steve

Feb 17, 2017 at 09:01 AM
eeneryma
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · On a moving bus,

Rick Joyce wrote:
As in a Claude Monet impressionistic painting

Thanks for posting Rick! I was wearing a pair of "impressionist" glasses when I took this.

Steve

Feb 17, 2017 at 09:03 AM
sbeme
• • • • • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · On a moving bus,

not for me
I am fine with an impressionistic capture
but it's always a blurry line between abstract and feeling uncomfortably out of focus, causing me to either squint with my eyes or my brain
somewhere on the squinty side of that blurred line

Scott

Feb 18, 2017 at 09:16 AM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.