Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Godox TT350S Sony Flash - great value!

absolutic
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Godox TT350S Sony Flash - great value!

Received yesterday the new small flash - Godox TT350s for Sony
aka Flashpoint R2 if you like to buy from adorama. Only $85. Guide is 36M despite it only holds 2 batteries. Nissin i40 which costs 3 times more, and has 4 batteries, Guide is 40M.

http://flashhavoc.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/Godox_TT350S_9b640.jpg

After I used it for just an hour, My Nissin i40 is for sale. Clear positives between the little Godox TT350s and other flashes:
HSS. Sony's native flashes only work in HSS mode if the flash is at the 90 degree angle, you move the flash 5 degrees in any direction, It goes back to stated Flash Xsync speed. This is true for all Sony recent flashes.
Nissin i40 does work with HSS on a Sony but it is a headache. To turn it on you have to press a tiny green light. tiny. for few seconds which is not easy to begin with. Then if you move the flash head in any direction, HSS turns off again and you have to press the same green light again. Then you move it back, and again you have to press the button. It just does not stay on.
Enter TT350s. Just like on Nikon SB600 flash, you press HSS one time, and it stays on and goes all the way up to 1/8000 irrespective of what direction your swing the flash's head. So much easier!!!!
Flash, despite $85 price, has built in Godox radio transmitter and receiver. With Godox X1-S transmitter, it works like a charm wireless in full TTL and supports HSS wireless.
I predict this little flash will be a bestseller. Great little flash!
Oh also unlike Nissin i40 and Sony's HVL32, TT350S retains the optical infrared beam for focusing with Sony's SLTS and DSLRs. It is there.

Feb 16, 2017 at 04:32 PM
Vcize
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Godox TT350S Sony Flash - great value!

https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1471227

Feb 16, 2017 at 08:37 PM
D1105

p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Godox TT350S Sony Flash - great value!

Couldn't agree more! I was holding on to my i60 (after selling all of my Nissin gear and moved to to the Flashpoint/Godox system) as my on camera flash till this mini came along. I also pre-ordered the 200w strobe from Flashpoint as well.

Feb 17, 2017 at 01:39 AM

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.