Home · Register · Software · Software · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Need to transfer a NEF or two from my D800 to my iPhone/i...

jonbauer

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Need to transfer a NEF or two from my D800 to my iPhone/iPad in the field

Hi All,

Maybe someone can help... I am going to be shooting some live music for a venue, and they are asking me to send them some images during the show. I shoot with the D800, and am trying to find a way to move some images from one of my CF cards to my iPad or iPhone. I THINK I could use the Apple Camera Connection kit, with some funky cabling, to connect directly to the D800, but I'm hoping to find a simpler way.

How do y'all do it? Any clever, simple, Lightning devices out there? My Amazon/eBay/Google kung fu is coming up empty so far...

- Thanx!
- Jon

Feb 16, 2017 at 03:54 PM
milkod2001
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Need to transfer a NEF or two from my D800 to my iPhone/iPad in the field

There is simpler way: tell them that your high quality images will be 2 big to be sent and it will take forever to do it. They can see images right after the show from your camera...

If you will have to do it anyway your Apple Camera Connection kit should work with SD card not CF.

Feb 16, 2017 at 06:58 PM
Max Power
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Need to transfer a NEF or two from my D800 to my iPhone/iPad in the field

There is a lightning connector to SD card adapter made by Apple. I found that your iPad fills in a damn hurry transferring hi res images to it.

Assuming the 800 is like the 810 in the card arrangement department, I would be inclined to have backup jpg files on the SD card to transfer and use the CF slot for your NEF files.

Feb 16, 2017 at 07:25 PM
ckcarr
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Need to transfer a NEF or two from my D800 to my iPhone/iPad in the field

Why would you send them raw files?

Feb 16, 2017 at 07:34 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

jonbauer

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Need to transfer a NEF or two from my D800 to my iPhone/iPad in the field

I'd like to edit in raw, but send them jpgs.

- Jon

Feb 16, 2017 at 07:57 PM
jonbauer

p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Need to transfer a NEF or two from my D800 to my iPhone/iPad in the field

I ordered an Apple Lightning to USB Camera Adapter (A1440) - http://www.apple.com/shop/product/MD821AM/A/lightning-to-usb-camera-adapter

Hoping I can use that, plus my CF card reader, to transfer a few individual NEF files to my iPad so that I can do some quick edits, and then email the venue a few semi-processed images while I'm still on site. I'll let y'all know how it works out...

- Jon

Feb 16, 2017 at 10:16 PM
Wickedfn4u
• • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Need to transfer a NEF or two from my D800 to my iPhone/iPad in the field

How did it work?

Sep 28, 2017 at 06:19 AM
jonbauer

p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Need to transfer a NEF or two from my D800 to my iPhone/iPad in the field

It works perfectly. Just plug it into the D800 with the right USB cable connected to that Apple Lightning adapter and your photos pop right up on your iPad!

Really is a piece of cake!

- Jon

Sep 28, 2017 at 06:21 AM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password