New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Want a good, but not great, half case and neck strap - RX1

TheEmrys
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Want a good, but not great, half case and neck strap - RX1

Anyone have any good suggestions? I just don't see myself shelling out for the Gariz. But a solid, preferably leather, half case with a neck strap for my RX1 would sure be nice.

Feb 16, 2017 at 10:27 AM
chez
• • • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Want a good, but not great, half case and neck strap - RX1

Just out of curiosity, what purpose does a half case serve? Is it easier to hold the camera or does a strap attach better to the case? I've always wondered the purpose of only half a case...I can see putting the entire camera into a protective case...I use camera wraps for this purpose when my cameras go into my pack.

Feb 16, 2017 at 10:38 AM
TheEmrys
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Want a good, but not great, half case and neck strap - RX1

For me, it is so that the camera is supported when on the neck strap. So the lens isn't constantly pointed down, and an errant zipper could scratch it somehow.

It also does provide a better grip, for many.

Feb 16, 2017 at 10:54 AM
shutterbug guy
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Want a good, but not great, half case and neck strap - RX1

Ebay has loads of them, with and without the neck strap. That Gariz looks pretty sweet btw.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2374313.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xhalf+case+rx1.TRS0&_nkw=half+case+rx1&_sacat=107894

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=half+case+with+neck+strap+rx1&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xhalf+case+rx1.TRS0&_nkw=half+case+rx1&_sacat=0

Feb 16, 2017 at 11:08 AM
chez
• • • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Want a good, but not great, half case and neck strap - RX1

TheEmrys wrote:
For me, it is so that the camera is supported when on the neck strap. So the lens isn't constantly pointed down, and an errant zipper could scratch it somehow.

It also does provide a better grip, for many.

Have you tried a good wrist strap. Much prefer carrying on my wrist than hanging & banging around my neck. Or maybe holder from peak design that allows you to attach the camera to your belt.

Feb 16, 2017 at 12:07 PM
TheEmrys
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Want a good, but not great, half case and neck strap - RX1

I have one,and like it. But I keep banging my 4 year old in the head. So I need to go for a neck strap.

chez wrote:
Have you tried a good wrist strap. Much prefer carrying on my wrist than hanging & banging around my neck. Or maybe holder from peak design that allows you to attach the camera to your belt.

Feb 16, 2017 at 12:19 PM

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.