New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · LifePixel AA filter removal service

AvianScott
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · LifePixel AA filter removal service

The last couple of months I've been playing around with both the 7DII and D500, and it's pretty sad just how much the strong AA filter on the 7DII muddies fine detail. I did a comparison between the D500 + 200-500 and the Canon 7DII + 100-400II center frame on a plush animal - the results were the Nikon combo showed much better fine detail. I can only assume this is due to the lack of AA filter in the D500, because I have yet to see anyone or anything show the 200-500 being sharper than the 100-400II.

See results HERE

I'm tempted to send in my 7DII to see how much better the fine detail is. Has anyone used the LifePixel AA filter removal service? Were you happy with the results?

Feb 16, 2017 at 10:21 AM
qc_mountain
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · LifePixel AA filter removal service

Let us know if you go with the removal it would be interesting to see the difference .

Francois

Feb 16, 2017 at 04:23 PM
jpeter
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · LifePixel AA filter removal service

It would be interesting to see results with and without the filter side by side ... But I doubt that the aa filter is going to be your magic bullet in this comparison.

I own a 7d2 and 100to400ii. If I shoot without an extender, it's very sharp and consistent. With a 1.4x attached, My percentage of keeper shots goes down by quite a bit.
jp

Feb 16, 2017 at 06:04 PM

FM Forums | Canon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.