C&C always welcomed.

Cole

Feb 15, 2017 at 08:34 PM
ben egbert
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Takeoff

Nice action shot, I hope he missed those trees

I would prefer a much tighter shot most of the left side and some of the bottom is not adding much and the tree distortion is detracting.

Feb 16, 2017 at 02:56 PM
beanpkk
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Takeoff

+1 @ Ben. For me the appeal of these kinds of images is the sort of out in the middle of nowhere look, like no one has been there before. To that end I wonder if you could crop out some of the snowmobile ? trail on the rhs.

Just my two cents.
keith

Feb 16, 2017 at 03:12 PM
Rick Joyce
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Takeoff

A tremendous action capture with trees sharply defined and snow correctly rendered

Feb 16, 2017 at 05:47 PM
Shasoc
• • • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Takeoff

A very fine action capture that shows a very good control of the light. Colors are clean and crisp.
To my eyes a vert crop would fit better the action, giving more emphasis to the jumper, a better sense of height adding at the same time some tension. Clearly a personal view that gives a bit different message and it is your image so in the end it all comes down to what message you want to send.
Socrate

Feb 16, 2017 at 07:58 PM
Funonthebun

p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Takeoff

This was shot with the Rokinon 14mm, which I'm finding is quite difficult for composing shots, especially skiing in the backcountry. I agree, should probably have been closer to the action. As for the snowmobile tracks, that's actually debris from a slough or "mini" avalanche.

Thanks for the comments!

[url=https://flic.kr/p/QX5Amr]

Feb 16, 2017 at 08:03 PM
Funonthebun

p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Takeoff

Shasoc wrote:
A very fine action capture that shows a very good control of the light. Colors are clean and crisp.
To my eyes a vert crop would fit better the action, giving more emphasis to the jumper, a better sense of height adding at the same time some tension. Clearly a personal view that gives a bit different message and it is your image so in the end it all comes down to what message you want to send.
Socrate

I must have responded right after your comment because I didn't see your edit, definitely like the more vertical crop. Thanks for the comments Socrate.

Cole

Feb 16, 2017 at 08:43 PM
Familiarity
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Takeoff

Very nice. Perhaps use burst-mode and get a shot with the skier just a tad more "in the air"?

Feb 16, 2017 at 09:08 PM

FM Forums | Photo Critique | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.