New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Help Replacing D750 Focusing Screen

Lee Saxon
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Help Replacing D750 Focusing Screen

Sorry, I know some would accuse me of cultural insensitivity, but I just absolutely cannot handle poorly translated English. I wouldn't have much less luck reading these instructions for installing my new focusing screen if the text was all replaced with lorem ipsum. Can someone tell me how to do this? I don't understand why Nikon made it so damn hard on the D750; it took seconds on the D700.

Feb 15, 2017 at 08:16 PM
charles.K
• • • • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Help Replacing D750 Focusing Screen

Hi Lee. I am also interested in the different focusing screens, and I previously done this on the 5DII. I was thinking about changing on the D810 and D750, but my understanding the screens do not fit exactly as per spec. I would also really like know how to do it properly and was thinking of sending the bodies into the camera lab to do it.

Feb 15, 2017 at 08:50 PM
saaber1
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Help Replacing D750 Focusing Screen

I called the local camera repair place and he said it's $20-$30 to install it. So if you aren't comfortable doing it yourself I would suggest just hiring it out. Here is my post on another thread that may be of some help FYI. Thx!

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/4083880

Feb 16, 2017 at 09:03 AM
goosemang
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Help Replacing D750 Focusing Screen

This is the DF, not sure if it helps:

Feb 16, 2017 at 09:28 PM
ckcarr
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Help Replacing D750 Focusing Screen

Fair warning. It is very easy to scratch the new one, get fingerprints on it, get dust under it... Ruin it... Be sure of hands and eyes... You can make life worse for yourself until you order and receive another one...

Feb 16, 2017 at 09:46 PM

FM Forums | Nikon Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.