Home · Register · Join Upload & Sell

Moderated by: Fred Miranda
Username  

New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Happy Valentine's Day! (CC Welcome)

UsseryG
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Happy Valentine's Day! (CC Welcome)

I have just recently gotten back into photography, and as a challenge to myself, I have been slowing down, and setting up a thought out picture once a week.

This week, I picked Porkchop (grim name, I know), a gift to my wife, as well as a couple roses I gifted her last week. I like the color version, because it retains its playfulness, but for these mini-projects, I like to try a B&W version. Which is better?

CC is welcome.

Nikon D750
Tamron 70-200 VC at 112mm
1/200th @ f2.8
ISO 100
YN-565 top right, through an umbrella.

Porkchop by Wonder Wander Bears, on Flickr

Porkchop in B&W by Wonder Wander Bears, on Flickr

I also really like the mild reflection on the table in this one, but I didn't like the clutter in the BG.

Porkchop by Wonder Wander Bears, on Flickr

Feb 15, 2017 at 01:56 AM
friscoron
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Happy Valentine's Day! (CC Welcome)

This is a nice shot and I like your cross-light. But since the light is coming from only one direction, the flowers and vase aren't really lit and I think that's an important part of this image. I would suggest adding a second cross-light on camera right that will light the roses and vase. The challenge is doing that without ruining the effect of your main cross light. In other words, I don't think you want to balance them out, and you may want to really control the direction and spread of the second light.

Another thing you could do is raise the first light so it's shooting more down instead of just straight across to the teddy bear. That would get more light to the fllowers. But in saying that, I really like the direction of the light as it is.

Feb 15, 2017 at 08:46 AM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.