p.2 #3 · p.2 #3 · Online backup sites?

If you have a network don't use carbonite

Apr 07, 2017 at 11:42 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

adamx12m
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.2 #4 · p.2 #4 · Online backup sites?

Once you get past 1tb the online stuff is just too slow to backup, plus the restore takes just as long. Bailed on CP, currently using a pair a synology boxes, one for primary image storage with redundancy, then backup to another synology box remotely. If I had under 1tb, I'd probably just use google drive for $99/year.

Apr 08, 2017 at 09:03 PM
mhayes5254
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #5 · p.2 #5 · Online backup sites?

I use Crashplan. I have not shopped for a long time but most vendors have the option to ship you a restore drive in the event of a system failure, rather than having to download it all. For the initial upload, many have the option of a seed drive, as mentioned. Some of the online upload speeds mentioned above are pretty good but it is obviously dependent on your internet provider as well.

You mentioned you want a drag and drop. Are you sure about that? Most want the backup to be automatic, because keeping track of what was backed up for a large data set is difficult. It also avoids the common problem of forgetting to do it.

Apr 19, 2017 at 02:15 AM
beavens
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.2 #6 · p.2 #6 · Online backup sites?

I was researching this myself (and hit this thread too!) and after looking at CrashPlan, BackBlaze and Amazon+Arq I've decided to go the A+A route. I just started the Amazon trial and need to download the Arq trial when I get home.

I'll probably only seed a very small portion to see how things go, but after reading up on everything I think this will suite me best. It's pricier since you need to include the one-time $50/machine license cost for Arq, but overall it's not a huge increase.

CrashPlan changing their retention policy and BackBlaze not supporting NAS/clunky client are what kept me from the competitors.

I'll do my best to update this thread after I get everything up and running.

Jeff

Apr 21, 2017 at 05:33 PM
       end

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password