New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Bayou Princess 2

amacal1
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Bayou Princess 2

Another from the same shoot. I'm not completely pleased with my processing. I may yet make some changes. This is a rather vanilla output straight from LR, while I usually prefer to do more dramatic stuff in PS. I still find it so hard to process my 7D files. A decent balance between dynamic range, color balance, and noise always eludes me.

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/579/32488809250_de86bd342a_b.jpg

Feb 14, 2017 at 12:37 PM
friscoron
• • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Bayou Princess 2

Your other shot didn't really speak to me. This one does a lot! I'm loving it. I really don't think you need to do some heavy lifting with your post-processing in this one. I think you nailed it in camera. The only suggestion I have is to remove the white sign across the river, but I'm sure you already planned to do that.

Just love the directional lighting on her in this shot. Great job!

Feb 14, 2017 at 10:16 PM
MASL
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Bayou Princess 2

Very nice - another suggestion is to crop out the saw-cut end of the limb... then she's almost hugged by the tree.
-Mark

Feb 15, 2017 at 07:23 AM
Mike4AU
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Bayou Princess 2

Very nice, indeed!

I took a look at the crop suggested by MASL and agree. Subtle change, but impactful.

Feb 15, 2017 at 04:18 PM
amacal1
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Bayou Princess 2

Hello, all.

Thanks for the comments. I played around with the crop a little already. What you see is a crop from a much wider landscape oriented original. I fear a closer crop loses too much of the surroundings and ambiance. I agree about the chopped off tree, though.

Thank you for the comment about nailing it in camera. I assure you, however, that I most certainly did NOT nail it in camera. The foreground was underexposed. I was trying to make sure I didn't lose the detail across the river, but I over did it and had to push the foreground a lot more than I expected.

Feb 16, 2017 at 11:01 AM

FM Forums | People Photography | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.