BR

Wolfram

Feb 14, 2017 at 12:28 PM
jacquesvroom
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Techart Pro FW5.0

Hip, hip, hooray!

Edit: oooops, maybe too quick to exult...

Edited on Feb 18, 2017 at 09:29 AM · View previous versions

Feb 14, 2017 at 12:46 PM
nampramos
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Techart Pro FW5.0

No description being given with the update? Change log?

Feb 14, 2017 at 12:55 PM
strohscw
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Techart Pro FW5.0

At the moment I don't see any difference.
We will find out if the battery drain issue is solved
Best regards
Wolfram

Feb 14, 2017 at 12:56 PM
fsiagian
• • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Techart Pro FW5.0

Thank you for the information

Feb 14, 2017 at 01:22 PM
Chuck Coyne
• • • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Techart Pro FW5.0

Just received my TechArt Pro adapter and new Zeiss 35mm f/1.4 ZM from B&H. It had the Version 4 loaded so I downloaded the new version 5. I had no problems downloading the Version 5 update using the iPhone App. I didn't notice any improvement in the focusing speed or accuracy between versions although I've only tried it in less than ideal indoor lighting. I'm still very impressed with the autofocusing abilities of this adapter with the 35mm f/1.4 zm. I just ordered a lightly used Zeiss 50mm C f1.5 zm and the 85mm f/4 zm off eBay. I'm really enjoying the idea of still having the manual focus lenses but with autofocus when needed or desired.
Chuck

Feb 14, 2017 at 03:16 PM
nsarcastic
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Techart Pro FW5.0

Sadly, I just updated my TECHART Pro Adapter from 4 to 5, and when I turned the camera back on after the 1 minute (probably more, really), it was completely unresponsive.... The camera is fine, but the adapter is a brick.

I sent in a request for help at their site, so I'll see what happens.

Feb 14, 2017 at 06:11 PM
Charlie N
• • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Techart Pro FW5.0

nsarcastic wrote:
Sadly, I just updated my TECHART Pro Adapter from 4 to 5, and when I turned the camera back on after the 1 minute (probably more, really), it was completely unresponsive.... The camera is fine, but the adapter is a brick.

sad to hear. I had a partial update gone bad as well, but no brick. I forgot to change my sleep modes on the phone. I ran the update again, and it worked. It wiped my settings, so I had to run that config again, but everything seems fine again. Hope it solves the power drain issue.

Feb 14, 2017 at 06:48 PM
DavidBM
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Techart Pro FW5.0

All good here. Update went smoothly, no drain after two hours.
Any thoughts on what else if anything is fixed?

Feb 14, 2017 at 07:08 PM
genji
• • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · Techart Pro FW5.0

DavidBM wrote:
All good here. Update went smoothly, no drain after two hours.
Any thoughts on what else if anything is fixed?

I don't normally see myself as a glass-half-full kind of guy but I'm waiting for a "no drain after 24 hours" report...

Feb 14, 2017 at 07:22 PM
nsarcastic
• •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · Techart Pro FW5.0

The app even said the update was successful, sooo, who knows what happened.

Feb 14, 2017 at 07:23 PM
LBJ2
• • • • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · Techart Pro FW5.0

LM-EA7 firmware ver 5.0 update underway (A7r2+TAP+Voight 35 F1.2 ver2 attached + iPhone7)
Start 2040 EST
End 2048 EST + 1 minute wait time ( see step 9 below)
Viola!

Firmware upgrade Instructions ( for those like me that might need a refresher )
http://techartpro.com/downloads-2/
1) Make sure the battery level of your camera and phone is >50%
2) Make sure the Auto-Lock of your phone is OFF
3) Plug in the adapter to your camera body
4) Turn ON the camera, change the aperture value to F/90 (not F/9 !), release the shutter
5) Turn OFF the camera (IMPORTANT!)
6) Run the app in the smartphone and select the firmware you want under LM-EA7 (Make sure your phone is placed closer to the camera)
7) Click ‘Update’
8) Wait around 10 mins for the update to complete
9) When the screen shows Update Complete, please wait 1 minute for the adapter before turning the camera back

Feb 14, 2017 at 08:51 PM
LBJ2
• • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · Techart Pro FW5.0

nsarcastic wrote:

Try it again ( just for luck pls see below)
1. Turn off camera and disconnect everything ( to inlcude take battery out of the camera and disconnect the lens from the adapter, and disconnet the adapter from the camera)
2. Make sure battery is 100% and reinsert
3. Re-connect TAP and lens
4. Start update process all opver again ( see my post above for update instructions refresher)
5. ** Do not let the mobile phone go to sleep during the update process 8-10 minutes

Hope this helps

Feb 14, 2017 at 09:11 PM
ario arioldi

p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · Techart Pro FW5.0

On my i-phone the most recent update is ver 4.0.0.

SOLVED

Feb 14, 2017 at 11:15 PM
strohscw
• •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · Techart Pro FW5.0

No good news from my side:
When I switched off yesterday evening the battery load was 82%, this morning, 9 hours later, it is at 63%. So on my side no improvement.
At the moment I don´t see any improvement.
Let´s wait and see what Techart say that they changed!
br
Wolfram

Edited on Feb 15, 2017 at 01:16 AM · View previous versions

Feb 15, 2017 at 01:11 AM
nsarcastic
• •
p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · Techart Pro FW5.0

LBJ2 wrote:
Try it again ( just for luck pls see below)
1. Turn off camera and disconnect everything ( to inlcude take battery out of the camera and disconnect the lens from the adapter, and disconnet the adapter from the camera)
2. Make sure battery is 100% and reinsert
3. Re-connect TAP and lens
4. Start update process all opver again ( see my post above for update instructions refresher)
5. ** Do not let the mobile phone go to sleep during the update process 8-10 minutes

Hope this helps

I wish it did. I followed the instructions. I previously updated the unit to Ver. 4 not too long ago without problems. The adapter has completely bricked. Removing it from the camera, cycling power, pulling the battery, etc. all have the same result - no response from the adapter at all. I can't change the F-stop, the camera shows...F--. The app can't find it via Bluetooth. It is a former adapter. Maybe TECHART can do something with it. Hopefully.

Feb 15, 2017 at 01:13 AM
genji
• • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · Techart Pro FW5.0

nsarcastic wrote:
I wish it did. I followed the instructions. I previously updated the unit to Ver. 4 not too long ago without problems. The adapter has completely bricked. Removing it from the camera, cycling power, pulling the battery, etc. all have the same result - no response from the adapter at all. I can't change the F-stop, the camera shows...F--. The app can't find it via Bluetooth. It is a former adapter. Maybe TECHART can do something with it. Hopefully.

Sorry to hear this. You mentioned in a previous post that you'd contacted the Techart people. They can be tardy in responding (small Chinese company, relatively few English speakers) so if you don't get a reply within a couple of days it might be worth sending a PM to FredMiranda user "techartpro". He has posted previously on FM so this might speed things along for you.

Feb 15, 2017 at 04:18 AM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · Techart Pro FW5.0

genji wrote:
---------------------------------------------

I don't normally see myself as a glass-half-full kind of guy but I'm waiting for a "no drain after 24 hours" report...

I had some bad news today. After 16 hours, there was drainage. My battery percentage decreased from 94% to 76%.
So, I am not sure this was corrected now.

Feb 15, 2017 at 10:28 AM
LBJ2
• • • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · Techart Pro FW5.0

Fred Miranda wrote:
I had some bad news today. After 16 hours, there was drainage. My battery percentage decreased from 94% to 76%.
So, I am not sure this was corrected now.

Oh NO! I checked mine after 12 hours and the battery was still at 100%. I left everything connected so will see what happens when I return home later today.

Feb 15, 2017 at 12:04 PM
Fred Miranda
Admin
p.1 #20 · p.1 #20 · Techart Pro FW5.0

LBJ2 wrote:
Oh NO! I checked mine after 12 hours and the battery was still at 100%. I left everything connected so will see what happens when I return home later today.

You have to make sure it was not a fully charged battery. That won't drain. (It never did)
It seems to be the case since you wrote "100%"....

Feb 15, 2017 at 12:07 PM
       2       3              7       8       end

FM Forums | Sony Forum | Join Upload & Sell

2       3              7       8       end

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.