New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · SUPER STOKED

iplayazi
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · SUPER STOKED

New Fuji user here! Well almost. Gear is coming this week! I ordered a Graphite x-t2 with a mitakon 35mm f0.95 Manual Lens and a Fuji 16mm f1.4. I just know its going to make picture taking fun for me personally. I work 5-6 days a week with 2 5dmkiv's and using them with my 3 kids just makes it too much like work

How does the focus peaking work for you guys. A breeze? Thats a feature I'm going to enjoy on them as well! Also for traveling does the wifi app have a bulb timer and live preview link the canon.

Feb 12, 2017 at 05:46 PM
Jeffrey
• • • • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · SUPER STOKED

Annoying.

Feb 12, 2017 at 07:06 PM
TheEmrys
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · SUPER STOKED

Its a pretty easy solution. Almost as good as Sony's. Of course, Sony's got a different system. I would use Focus Peaking to get close, and then engage Focus Magnify to ensure I got it nailed. Fuji is a little more cumbersome, but not terribly so. With use, I will be better at it.

Feb 12, 2017 at 07:43 PM
Nick3434
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · SUPER STOKED

Focus peaking is not all bad. It works, it just doesn't work perfect under all circumstances and gets a little rough with large apertures. I use a Pentax 55 smc with it and it is certainly better than looking at an LCD screen, but not exactly like looking through a FF viewfinder. If you zoom it is a lot better but I don't like that because framing is sorta messed up. Just use it and see for yourself how you get along with it. I use it, it is certainly appreciated, it doesn't make manual focus bang on all the time.

You got awesome lenses and are going to live the Fuji system. Fuji is so much more fun to have on you and shoot.

Feb 12, 2017 at 07:46 PM
tgrantster
• •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · SUPER STOKED

Fuji is a very good "Dad" (or Mom) camera. You're always carrying tons of crap anyway so it's nothing to throw the camera in too. Have fun!

Feb 12, 2017 at 08:29 PM
iplayazi
• • •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · SUPER STOKED

Nice. I'll have to play around with the peaking. f0.95 is going to be very interesting. I'm used to using a broken 50mm fd lens handheld on my 6d freelensing and thats gotta be the same difficulty degree Thanks guys!

Feb 12, 2017 at 08:44 PM
tgrantster
• •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · SUPER STOKED

Forgot to mention, I shoot a Rokkor 58 1.2 on m X-T1 all the time. Peeking works well but so does the picture in picture on the evf. I generally shoot RAW all the time but you can still change it to black and white mode...it doesn't do anything accept change the EVF to black and white cause you're shooting in RAW. Peeking works much better for me when shooting in black and white.

Feb 12, 2017 at 10:44 PM
iplayazi
• • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · SUPER STOKED

Very nice. How does it look with the 85mm wide open. Pretty nice compression and bokeh I'm sure 😁

tgrantster wrote:
Forgot to mention, I shoot a Rokkor 58 1.2 on m X-T1 all the time. Peeking works well but so does the picture in picture on the evf. I generally shoot RAW all the time but you can still change it to black and white mode...it doesn't do anything accept change the EVF to black and white cause you're shooting in RAW. Peeking works much better for me when shooting in black and white.

Feb 13, 2017 at 12:55 PM
tgrantster
• •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · SUPER STOKED

The bokeh is amazing... I find focusing with it fairly easy and paired with the Fuji I get great results. Fuji's lenses are amazing but it's also fun being able to pick up the old lenses and giving them a try.

Feb 13, 2017 at 02:16 PM
iplayazi
• • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · SUPER STOKED

Got it in my hands! First target was my boy. Used light grain chrome jpg. Love it at f0.95 🤓 No raw processing for me. I'm just fine with that lol and yes I know 1 eye is in focus

Feb 16, 2017 at 07:38 PM
darthalal
• • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · SUPER STOKED

^He doesn't look too happy about you taking his photo; good luck getting that model release signed! Congrats on the new toys!

Feb 16, 2017 at 07:42 PM
iplayazi
• • •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · SUPER STOKED

Yup lol! He was Hangry

darthalal wrote:
^He doesn't look too happy about you taking his photo; good luck getting that model release signed! Congrats on the new toys!

Feb 16, 2017 at 07:55 PM
iplayazi
• • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · SUPER STOKED

Took it out on a wedding yesterday with my mkiv's It performed flawlessly except for the short battery life. The Mitakon has some excellent character. Its still my only lens until my fuji lenses arrived but I am having a blast with it. It made photography fun again personally that is. I always have fun at weddings regardless lol. Anyways heres a couple shots at f0.95

Oops sorry about the size..

Tesiting on my assistant just prior on the bride and groom arrival

Black and white for kicks

Feb 20, 2017 at 07:18 PM
brian_f2.8
• •
p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · SUPER STOKED

Welcome to the family, looking forward to seeing more shots at f 0.95.

Feb 20, 2017 at 09:50 PM
iplayazi
• • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · SUPER STOKED

Just for sh*ts and giggles I took a couple same frame shots. focus is slightly different but it compares my 5dmkiv with 50mm f.12 and my Fuji xt2 and 35mm Mitakon F0.95. Pretty comparable. Both wide open. I never do these kind of shots I am more of a real world shooter but it got me curious Just a side note that the contrast is very similar the xt2 is slightly more exposed

Mar 14, 2017 at 03:20 PM

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.