New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · I've got a Stiffie..!

Enal
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · I've got a Stiffie..!

Yea I'm pretty excited about my new Fujifilm X-T2 system, but that's not what I mean. Haha...

I bought a brand new 18-135 lens and am quite surprised how stiff it is out of the box and has a "Rubber Squeak" to it when zooming. It takes a lot more rotation effort than I was used to even with brand new Canon lenses and it's not easily twisted with just fingertips. It feels a lot like my old Hasselblad lenses but with a little more tightness and the irritating squeaky rubber sound.

My question.... Being so new to Fuji, are the lenses really this tight and just need some breaking-in?

The lens is nice and sharp and focuses fine, but I won't be able to use it much for video with it being this stiff and sqeaky. Not that I shoot much video but this would make it much worse.

Thanks
Enal

Feb 11, 2017 at 08:18 PM
Delatant
• •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · I've got a Stiffie..!

As noted in other blogs, the 18-135 is very variable in quality - the most of any Fuji lens - return and order another one - maybe your quality will be better next time.

Feb 11, 2017 at 09:02 PM
chouska
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · I've got a Stiffie..!

If your finding the resistance torwards the end (135mm) this is normal. The gaskets that make it weather resistant are the cause.

Feb 11, 2017 at 09:10 PM
Enal
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · I've got a Stiffie..!

That's what I was thinking! Also it's got a noticeable hitch right before it gets to 135.

Yes...Right when the focal length line gets to the "5" it stiffens more, but is still quite stiff before that.

I'm going to sit around and twist it back and forth to see if I can loosen it up more...

Also...I've waited longer than the "4 hours" and it's still too stiff! LoL

Probably going back on Monday if not any better...

Feb 11, 2017 at 09:12 PM

FM Forums | Fuji Forum | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.