New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Trip Location Advice & Meet-ups | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Iceland dates

pizdets17
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Iceland dates

Hi guys. Thinking of going this year from July 4-13, thoughts about those dates? Will there be any ice around in the water still? Anything else I should know? Also should mention, we are renting a 6 person motorhome for this as my wife and kids are coming, not sure if that makes a difference in what we can access
TIA

Feb 10, 2017 at 04:18 PM
Aztatlan
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Iceland dates

If by ice in the water you mean at Jokulsarlon and other glacial lagoons, then yes there is ice there year-round. There is also ice on the beach at Jokulsarlon year-round (which is actually called Breišamerkursandur) however there may not be ice on the beach 24/7 - that is to say, in my experience it seems to be impacted by tides etc. When I was there in July, two days I saw ice on the beach and on another there was none.

Renting a motorhome means you will not be able to access the interior region, which does require 4WD. Whether this bothers you is another matter.

Feb 11, 2017 at 01:13 AM
pizdets17
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Iceland dates

I think we would have to come back to do the interior as its just too much to try and see in 8 days. Next trip will prob be strictly for interior areas (and prob won't have my wife and daughter so me and my son can fit in the 4x4). Trying to make a family friendly photo trip is hard lol. I just hope I don't need power for the motor home constantly forcing me to stay at camp sites

Feb 11, 2017 at 02:24 AM

FM Forums | Trip Location Advice & Meet-ups | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.