New fredmiranda.com Mobile Site
  New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Leica Q - Lens Cap

abarbs30

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Leica Q - Lens Cap

So I lost the lens cap for my Q and i'm having a really hard time locating a spare. Does anyone know where you can find these? Do I need to call a Leica store and shell out $50 or what ever they ask for a new one.
Thanks!

Feb 07, 2017 at 12:46 PM
JonPB
• • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Leica Q - Lens Cap

Looks like a $38 part, here from Leica Store Miami: http://leicastoremiami.com/products/replacement-lens-hood-cap-for-leica-q-typ-116

If you don't use the hood, you could also look into getting a generic 49mm cap that fits into the filter threads.

Cheers,
Jon

Feb 07, 2017 at 01:41 PM
Mike Tuomey
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Leica Q - Lens Cap

I went the other way, put a UV filter on with just the hood, no cap. Pretty sure it would have been lost in no time the way I use the camera.

Feb 07, 2017 at 03:59 PM
low325
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Leica Q - Lens Cap

Good to know they sell spare hoods but for $110. Yikes.

Feb 07, 2017 at 10:24 PM
adamdewilde
• • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Leica Q - Lens Cap

The bw XSpro nano is a fine filter to get.. The only issue is certain types of LED light creating ghosting while using a filter.

Feb 08, 2017 at 12:15 AM
Donzo98
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Leica Q - Lens Cap

JonPB wrote:
Looks like a $38 part, here from Leica Store Miami: http://leicastoremiami.com/products/replacement-lens-hood-cap-for-leica-q-typ-116

If you don't use the hood, you could also look into getting a generic 49mm cap that fits into the filter threads.

Cheers,
Jon

That's what I did...

http://donzo98.easycgi.com/TestImages2/QFinal.JPG

Feb 08, 2017 at 01:22 PM
millsart
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Leica Q - Lens Cap

You can actually slip a 49mm lens cap on/off with the hood installed

Any generic 49mm from Ebay will work fine.

The fancy metal one is one of those items you should stick in the box to keep safe. Silly expensive to replace it.

Feb 08, 2017 at 09:04 PM
Jay968
• •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · Leica Q - Lens Cap

I put a 49mm cap on but looking at it, it appears that the cap comes awfully close to the front element, so I didn't like that idea. So, not wanting to use a UV filter in front of the lens, I purchased a 49 - 52mm step ring and just use a 52mm cap on it.

Feb 27, 2017 at 08:31 PM
millsart
• • • • •
p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · Leica Q - Lens Cap

Jay968 wrote:
I put a 49mm cap on but looking at it, it appears that the cap comes awfully close to the front element, so I didn't like that idea. So, not wanting to use a UV filter in front of the lens, I purchased a 49 - 52mm step ring and just use a 52mm cap on it.

Yes, it comes close to the front element, just like the lens cap does on most lenses. The lens cap doesn't actually touch though, and there is a raises ridge around the actual front glass element. A lens cap has about 1mm or more space before it touches anything and it would contract that metal lip before it touches the lens anyways.

Silly thing to worry about honestly

Feb 27, 2017 at 10:22 PM

FM Forums | Leica & Alternative Gear | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.