Wedding Resource List

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Photo Mechanic - how to only export RAW

heikoM
• • • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Photo Mechanic - how to only export RAW

Hi,

I use Photo Mechanic. Since I use b/w JPEGS beside RAW in my Sony A7s to make manual focussing so much easier, I import both JPEG and RAW into Photo Mechanic. This is all necessary for M9 files, as the camera previews are so bad that culling without JPEGs is not possible in PM.

Now I only want to export the RAWs to Lightroom and not the JPEGs. So far I have not found a solution how to do that. Googling did not help.

Normally I drag the selected files directly into the import window of LR, but then both RAWs and JPEGs get imported.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

heiko

Feb 06, 2017 at 03:57 PM
IrishDino
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Photo Mechanic - how to only export RAW

Sort by file type? Don't even need to involve PM

Feb 06, 2017 at 04:10 PM
Scott Mosher
• • • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Photo Mechanic - how to only export RAW

1. Filter PM to only show you the images you've flagged for keeping
2. Drag those to a new folder
3. Through windows explorer/other program sort by file type/delete the jpegs or move them back
4. Import your raws

ANother thought is after you flag your images, you could go into the preferences-> Contact Sheet Tab -> Uncheck "Combine RAW+JPEG into a single thumbnail". Then sort by file type & only show flagged images. Then select your raws & import. Just make sure to re check that box after.

Feb 06, 2017 at 05:13 PM
heikoM
• • • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Photo Mechanic - how to only export RAW

Scott Mosher wrote:
1. Filter PM to only show you the images you've flagged for keeping
2. Drag those to a new folder
3. Through windows explorer/other program sort by file type/delete the jpegs or move them back
4. Import your raws

ANother thought is after you flag your images, you could go into the preferences-> Contact Sheet Tab -> Uncheck "Combine RAW+JPEG into a single thumbnail". Then sort by file type & only show flagged images. Then select your raws & import. Just make sure to re check that box after.

Yes, of course, but that are several more steps. So I just drag them into LR. I thought there is a way in PM.

When I change the setting in PM preferences it does not get applied to the actual set. You have to close it and restart it to been shown separately.

heiko

Feb 06, 2017 at 05:58 PM
Ihn14

p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · Photo Mechanic - how to only export RAW

In my opinion, you create too many problems around a simple action

Oct 19, 2021 at 08:23 AM
DoktorKumis

p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · Photo Mechanic - how to only export RAW

I would also first sort everything in the file and then just delete unnecessary documents. I don't think there is any other way to get rid of unnecessary files except for converting and deleting them manually. Some months ago, we traveled to Orlando and ordered a photo session from an Orlando photographer. He sent us zipped files, and we just had to download them by following the link and then unpack them. As a result, there were only several unnecessary files left, which had to be deleted. But I saved it also for the future. Possibly nowadays there appeared any applications that can do what you want.

Edited on Oct 22, 2021 at 01:09 PM · View previous versions

Oct 19, 2021 at 08:32 AM
goalerjones
• •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · Photo Mechanic - how to only export RAW

LR now allows you to view sidecars so other than the Metadata system that PM has Adobe has finally gotten on board making file viewing mush easier.

Oct 19, 2021 at 10:55 AM

FM Forums | Wedding Photographer | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.