New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

Archive 2017 · Profoto B2 + VML : will it charge

zurkzees
• • •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · Profoto B2 + VML : will it charge

Is it possible to charge a Profoto B2 battery with VML?
Looking into this setup instead of buying more spare batteries.

Thanks in advance

Feb 05, 2017 at 05:00 PM
Gregg Heckler
• • • •
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · Profoto B2 + VML : will it charge

Any pure sine wave inverter will charge a battery as long as it's putting out a consistent 110 volts. But the charge capacity is only as good as the battery capacity in the VLM. My guess is the B2 battery is probably 5 to 7 Amps and I think the VLM is 7. So it would be very close to a full charge. But then you have to wait 2 or more hours for the VLM to charge to re-charge again. Plus the added weight and size you'd be carrying. I think the much better choice is buying an extra B2 battery. Plus it's always smart to have spare if your job depends on it.

Feb 05, 2017 at 07:40 PM
zurkzees
• • •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · Profoto B2 + VML : will it charge

Good point Gregg an additional battery would be a better choice given the specs

Feb 05, 2017 at 08:11 PM
kdphotography
• • •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · Profoto B2 + VML : will it charge

Don't forget---you can also plug in the B2 pack charger and charge and shoot at the same time. Can't do that with the B1. It's a good idea to have a second battery to swap in should you deplete the first battery.

The VML should work as a power source to recharge the B1 and B2 batteries---might be handy for those times when an a/c outlet is not available and you need to charge one battery while the other is in use. I just purchased the new Omnicharger a battery pack that has both USB and a/c plugs; it is substantially smaller and lighter than the VML. The Omnicharger works great with the Profoto B1/B2 charger.

ken

Feb 05, 2017 at 09:29 PM

FM Forums | Lighting & Studio Techniques | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username       Or Reset password

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.