New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

virtual tour with dslr

denzar

Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · virtual tour with dslr

any experience with virtual tour ?
ı want to try it ı have ff crop bodies and 16-35 f4 canon ,
ı read on net that the nodal point is important , ı cannot figure it out clearly , anyone can explain ?
and also does CamRanger PT Hub and MP-360 Pan/Tilt Head works well ?
and ı thınk ı need a software

thanks

Feb 05, 2017 at 09:37 AM
Michael White
• • • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · virtual tour with dslr

The model point is the point we're the sensor plane rotates perfectly around the center section. Yes I have the camranger and the rotating head it even tilts a little if needed. You can use the head alone with the wired controller or with the camranger hub and camranger I have both setups I haven't used it yet for any pianos yet but I did play with testing it out after I got it.

Feb 05, 2017 at 09:51 AM
kaplah
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · virtual tour with dslr

denzar wrote:
any experience with virtual tour ?
ı want to try it ı have ff crop bodies and 16-35 f4 canon ,
ı read on net that the nodal point is important , ı cannot figure it out clearly , anyone can explain ?
and also does CamRanger PT Hub and MP-360 Pan/Tilt Head works well ?
and ı thınk ı need a software

thanks

nodal point: yes, it's important. google "spherical panorama nodal point". Then get yourself a good pano head (e.g., Nodal Ninja 6) and set it up carefully. This is the most crucial step: a precisely-set nodal point should stitch cleanly, all else being equal (e.g., not a featureless scene) without you doing much, and gives results like this: https://stthomaspubliclibrary.ca/stpl_virtual_tour.html.

A poorly-set nodal point will take hours of manually-set control points and masking, and may be unfixable. For example, you can't fix parallax errors, although you might get lucky and be able to mask them out.

Two starting points:
http://wiki.panotools.org/Entrance_Pupil_Database
http://www.johnhpanos.com/epcalib.htm

Software: Autopano Giga for stitching; Panotour Pro for the tour generation. Or something else.

Then spend a lot of time figuring it all out with sample panos from your local area.

Your 16mm rectilinear lens, on a crop sensor (about 24mm equivalent), is not wide enough, although you can use it for practicing. Roughly 15mm fisheye on a full-frame is about right for spherical panos put into a virtual tour.

The camranger looks interesting. You'll need some way to get the nadir and zenith shots - 15 degrees is not enough for zenith, for example.

Feb 22, 2017 at 09:59 PM

FM Forums | Pro Digital Corner | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username     Reset password