New Feature: SMS Notification alert
  New Feature: Buy & Sell Watchlist

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

"Your camera takes really nice pictures"

crteach
• • •
Upload & Sell: On
p.1 #1 · p.1 #1 · "Your camera takes really nice pictures"

Had to laugh at this one! Lots of other good ones, too - check it out!!

Feb 04, 2017 at 09:59 PM
1swt2gs
• •
Upload & Sell: Off
p.1 #2 · p.1 #2 · "Your camera takes really nice pictures"

I get this one all the time.

"How much is that camera and lens? Probably in the thousands huh. Must take nice pictures".

Feb 04, 2017 at 10:25 PM
vigna
• •
p.1 #3 · p.1 #3 · "Your camera takes really nice pictures"

I wish we could have a discussion around this, often high end and expensive tools are being amain focus in many of our photographic forums. Comparatively, it is less frequent that people present their photographic work where their skills shines through with their modest equipment and I personally learn a lot from these extra ordinary articulated photographers.
I acknowledge, yes, my collection of gear helps me with high price tag, to get decent landscape photography (Sony system) and event photography (Canon and its lenses). All these gear provide me the assurance that I need so that the job is done professionally, no failure, it is often a recurring process, where you carry out exact manner as it was before. However, whether it is artistically great, your own style are the greatest step and hardest step to achieve where the work is praised not the gear, until then I agree, yes my gear helps me to achieve the quality and the expected outcomes.

Feb 04, 2017 at 11:27 PM
1swt2gs
• •
p.1 #4 · p.1 #4 · "Your camera takes really nice pictures"

vigna wrote:
I wish we could have a discussion around this, often high end and expensive tools are being amain focus in many of our photographic forums. Comparatively, it is less frequent that people present their photographic work where their skills shines through with their modest equipment and I personally learn a lot from these extra ordinary articulated photographers.
I acknowledge, yes, my collection of gear helps me with high price tag, to get decent landscape photography (Sony system) and event photography (Canon and its lenses). All these gear provide me the assurance that I need so that the job is done
...Show more

Imagine a competition where we give the same everyone a entry level rebel xti and kit lens (or equivalent) have have them face off in a jpeg shoot off!

Feb 05, 2017 at 12:12 AM
chez
• • • • • •
p.1 #5 · p.1 #5 · "Your camera takes really nice pictures"

1swt2gs wrote:
Imagine a competition where we give the same everyone a entry level rebel xti and kit lens (or equivalent) have have them face off in a jpeg shoot off!

Where do you think you'd fare in this competition? You might be surprised at some people's artistic eye who have little to no photography experience.

I know there was a project in Vancouver where a bunch of film cameras ( P&S ) were given to homeless people so they could shoot the environment where they live every day...some of the results were amazing.

Feb 05, 2017 at 12:42 AM
1swt2gs
• •
p.1 #6 · p.1 #6 · "Your camera takes really nice pictures"

chez wrote:
Where do you think you'd fare in this competition? You might be surprised at some people's artistic eye who have little to no photography experience.

I know there was a project in Vancouver where a bunch of film cameras ( P&S ) were given to homeless people so they could shoot the environment where they live every day...some of the results were amazing.

I honestly wouldn't even know where to host the competition, I'm sure even the average member on FM here, if given a entry level DSLR could take some exceptional pictures!

Feb 05, 2017 at 02:24 AM
Paul Mo
• • • • •
p.1 #7 · p.1 #7 · "Your camera takes really nice pictures"

I am always pleasantly surprised by the 'eye' the young people around me have. Undoubtedly a byproduct of the times. Image making and sharing is easier than ever. But one thing perplexes me - how they get two suns in their images.

Feb 05, 2017 at 03:01 AM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #8 · p.1 #8 · "Your camera takes really nice pictures"

Paul Mo wrote:
I am always pleasantly surprised by the 'eye' the young people around me have. Undoubtedly a byproduct of the times. Image making and sharing is easier than ever. But one thing perplexes me - how they get two suns in their images.

Maybe there is a reflection or is there photography on a different planet with a binary solar system?

EBH

Feb 05, 2017 at 04:19 AM
brodyq

p.1 #9 · p.1 #9 · "Your camera takes really nice pictures"

vigna wrote:

This is nice to hear. I'm relatively new to the technical side of photography, I have a good "eye" but winged it for years with basic equipment and not much knowledge of technical stuff. As a hobbyist (and as someone who works for a non-profit), I don't have much $ to purchase pro-level equipment.

I shoot a Nikon D5300, and as someone new to this site, I'm hesitant to post my images because maybe my camera isn't "good enough" or maybe I'm not professional enough. I know that's more on ME to just get over it and swim with the big fish to hopefully get good feedback and be a part of the community.

Feb 05, 2017 at 09:17 PM
Paul Mo
• • • • •
p.1 #10 · p.1 #10 · "Your camera takes really nice pictures"

EB-1 wrote:
Maybe there is a reflection or is there photography on a different planet with a binary solar system?

EBH

In joke - locally the young photographers are huge fans of fake lens flares and sun from the likes of 'BeFunky'.

Feb 06, 2017 at 03:06 PM

Search in Used Dept. 

Jeffrey
• • • • • •
p.1 #11 · p.1 #11 · "Your camera takes really nice pictures"

Sure, better quality gear assists in making images with better Image Quality, but if I'm looking at a compelling scene I can make a meaningful image with any camera.

Feb 16, 2017 at 02:50 AM
zlgragg
• •
p.1 #12 · p.1 #12 · "Your camera takes really nice pictures"

1swt2gs wrote:

^ this
but allow RAW + PP

Feb 16, 2017 at 03:40 AM
Paul Mo
• • • • •
p.1 #13 · p.1 #13 · "Your camera takes really nice pictures"

On this very topic I just received a message from a female student who is among a graduating group - Thursday is their last day. 'Teacher, I hope to see you on Thursday for some nice photos because your camera is so good.'

Feb 16, 2017 at 05:16 AM
bjbsav

p.1 #14 · p.1 #14 · "Your camera takes really nice pictures"

This is a great cake, you must have a nice oven.

Feb 16, 2017 at 01:54 PM
Steve Wylie
• • •
p.1 #15 · p.1 #15 · "Your camera takes really nice pictures"

I left my camera in the car one day, and it took a great photo of President Lincoln.

Feb 17, 2017 at 06:25 PM
joel022484

p.1 #16 · p.1 #16 · "Your camera takes really nice pictures"

If you haven't seen these videos, they fall into this conversation well. Pro photographers with cheap cameras.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7ECB90D96DF59DE5

Feb 17, 2017 at 06:30 PM
chez
• • • • • •
p.1 #17 · p.1 #17 · "Your camera takes really nice pictures"

Rather than laugh at people, any of you actually stop and try to educate them on the amount of know how that goes into getting a good photo?

Feb 17, 2017 at 07:22 PM
jcolwell
• • • • • • •
p.1 #18 · p.1 #18 · "Your camera takes really nice pictures"

When somebody says, "Your camera takes really nice pictures", I say, "Thank you", and smile. It's so much better than when they say, "Your camera takes really crappy pictures".

Feb 17, 2017 at 09:13 PM
EB-1
• • • • • • •
p.1 #19 · p.1 #19 · "Your camera takes really nice pictures"

Nobody sees my images. However, I can point to fine examples taken with the same or similar gear so they see that "my camera" can take great pictures.

EBH

Feb 18, 2017 at 03:15 AM

FM Forums | General Gear-talk | Join Upload & Sell

You are not logged in. Login or Register

Username   Password    Reset password